Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Any suggestions for a new aftermarket radiator for my 2016 700. Bunch on Ebay and Amazon but I have no idea how good they are. Would like to get one for $80-90 and just keep the stock size and location. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Grizzled
2014 Yamaha Grizzly 700 EPS
4,086 Posts
Not sure where to start.
  1. You failed to give any understanding of the machine you’re referring to other than a 700. 2007-2015 Grizzly 700 is a different part number than 2016+.
  2. Your question is so uncommon, it will take patience before someone might have the info you’re asking as failed OEM radiators just isn’t talked about, it rarely happens. When and if it does, most are probably replacing with OEM.
  3. A rude reply will get you what you paid for in terms of an answer, e.g. no one is getting paid to respond on here.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not sure where to start.
  1. You failed to give any understanding of the machine you’re referring to other than a 700. 2007-2015 Grizzly 700 is a different part number than 2016+.
  2. Your question is so uncommon, it will take patience before someone might have the info you’re asking as failed OEM radiators just isn’t talked about, it rarely happens. When and if it does, most are probably replacing with OEM.
  3. A rude reply will get you what you paid for in terms of an answer, e.g. no one is getting paid to respond on here.

Very fair questions and my reply wasn't meant to be rude at all. Just seems odd that there are others that don't want to pay $240 for a factory replacement when it's a hundred dollar part at best. It's a 2016 by the way, I'm also surprised you think it's such a uncommon question. I did a search and it didn't get a whole lot of results. I did get it out tonight and got the OEM part number and it says made in USA. Last time I tried to go to the source for this type of part they said no direct sales which was slightly expected. As I said there are a bunch of aftermarket on Amazon and Ebay and I was just hoping there was some feedback on which ones have been decent quality.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Very fair questions and my reply wasn't meant to be rude at all. Just seems odd that there are others that don't want to pay $240 for a factory replacement when it's a hundred dollar part at best. It's a 2016 by the way, I'm also surprised you think it's such a uncommon question. I did a search and it didn't get a whole lot of results. I did get it out tonight and got the OEM part number and it says made in USA. Last time I tried to go to the source for this type of part they said no direct sales which was slightly expected. As I said there are a bunch of aftermarket on Amazon and Ebay and I was just hoping there was some feedback on which ones have been decent quality.
You do a search for anything around here and you will soon realize that most of use here replace parts with oem, not aftermarket, because we hate doing the sake job over and I've. In most casrs, oem is a superior part on there bikes. As for the rad being $240, that's dude you are paying for a quality part, not cheap built aftermarket crap. If it was only a $100 part, it would be just that... Priced at $100. Part of the reason is expensive is the low sales volume. It's just not a highly replaced item. Most owners will never need to replace it, yet there that one guy that may go through say 5 in the time he owns that bike, he's going to complain of the price where the rest could care less what the price is.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
8,842 Posts
........I'm also surprised you think it's such a uncommon question. I did a search and it didn't get a whole lot of results.
Your research proved that it is in fact uncommon.

I did replace the rad in my 2013 @20k miles. Small pebble lodged behind the shroud wore a hole in a tube.
Bought a 3 core off ebay $100 bucks. Had to do some remodel/hacking t the top mount. Has worked great for 4k miles.
You will most likely find that the AM rads will be set up with the old style throttle body heater outlet just above the lower hose fitting. Just cap it off.

·
Grizzled
2014 Yamaha Grizzly 700 EPS
4,086 Posts
Just seems odd that there are others that don't want to pay $240 for a factory replacement when it's a hundred dollar part at best.
No disagreement there. If you look at the OEM replacement radiator, looks like it is only available as an assembly that also includes the fan/shroud so certainly it drives the price up. I'm willing to bet Yamaha does not want to just sell the radiator by itself so they are covered if the fan is bad or going out. Still seems a bit high priced though.

reogem provided some good info on an aftermarket radiator and you can trust his info. That is one big-ass multi-core radiator :)

Reactions: reogem

·
Premium Member
8,842 Posts
@RedRocket ...I thought the radiator was of very good quality, better than the oem. All seams were nicely welded.
heavier gauge metal.
Only had to mod the top mount a little and plug the throttle body coolant line, otherwise everything bolted up. I see they are on Ebay now for $150.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
@RedRocket ...I thought the radiator was of very good quality, better than the oem. All seams were nicely welded.
heavier gauge metal.
Only had to mod the top mount a little and plug the throttle body coolant line, otherwise everything bolted up. I see they are on Ebay now for $150.

Do you have a link please.

·
Premium Member
8,842 Posts
The company I bought from doesn't list the 2016 machines.
Paste this in google search box site ebay yamaha grizzly 700 radiator
I see a few selling your year

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just as a follow up I decided rather than buy a new one I would braze it up. Has been holding up just fine for a week and a half. Be interesting to see how long it is good for. Thanks for the suggestions.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts