Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2019 kodiak 700 4x4 base model
It wasn’t running after I dropped off at shop to get fix 2 months later IM fed up and convince shop just trying to get more money

I replace wiring harness/ecu/throttle body/throttle cable and its still idling really high! Any idea so I can cal shop and throw at them and it’s a dealership I got it from

·
Premium Member
9,480 Posts

·
Registered
5,242 Posts
Check the intake system for air leaks. More importantly the adapter boot between the throttle body and the cylinder head. If this is cracked or if the O-ring is cracked or missing, this will give you a high idle rpm.

A bad or faulty Idle Air Control Valve (IAC) could also cause high idle. These are also called ICV (idle control valve) or ISCV (idle speed control valve). Different names for the same part.
On the older 686cc models, this valve was not available separately from Yamaha. You had to replace the entire throttle body if it failed. So since the dealer has already done this, then it should already have been replaced. I would inspect the parts to make sure this was done. Maybe the newer models have a separate replaceable IACV from Yamaha, and the dealer simply swapped the valve from the old throttle body onto the new one. If I remember correctly, you can do a check on these using a multimeter. You'd have to check a factory service manual for that.

FYI, even though Yamaha did not offer the valve separately from the throttle body on the older models, the Suzuki King Quad used the exact same valve, and you could purchase it separately from them. This may still be the case on the newer models as well. But I cannot confirm this.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts