Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I need fully honest opinions. I’m listing the pros and cons of the two quads and trying to decide on what I should buy. Grizzly 700 or raptor 700. Both 2022. What does eveyrone think about the both and what would you rather? I like going fast but dont need to and can sacrifice it. I have lots of farm work that could bennifit from a grizzly but also would be giving up being able to go fast on my trails.
Also can a grizzly climb hills?

·
Registered
53 Posts
I say the Grizzly is more versatile by far. Do you feel like banging gears? If so then that narrows it down. I wouldnt choose not to get the Grizz soley because you feel you wont be able to go as fast. The biggest issue will be availability. My neck of the woods there are more people on the waiting list who put $500 down on a Grizzly than dealership is going to get this fall. I recently got an Austrian 250 2stroke dirt bike after many years of having a dirt machine and find that Im not into banging the gears staying on the pipe like I used to be. An auto 4x4 can be ridden at a leisurely pace and still be fun, or, can be pushed hard (baring you have decent tires). Also lots of atv rallys with people who load up the racks for a day in the woods bar hopping from small town to small town playing poker for prizes.

·
Super Moderator
1,646 Posts
Ok I need fully honest opinions. I’m listing the pros and cons of the two quads and trying to decide on what I should buy. Grizzly 700 or raptor 700. Both 2022. What does eveyrone think about the both and what would you rather? I like going fast but dont need to and can sacrifice it. I have lots of farm work that could bennifit from a grizzly but also would be giving up being able to go fast on my trails.
Very simple decision there. Get the grizzly. It's the only one of the 2 that can accomplish both utility work and spirited riding.
You can only ride so far in the trails, out in open on long stretch, yes the raptor will leave the grizzly in the dust, but on the trails, I'll guarantee I can ride faster on a grizzly or Kodiak than you ever will in a raptor.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
245 Posts
So you could modify the grizzly to go faster , machined sheave , maybe a secondary spring . If you want a more sporty sound you could even add a exhaust etc and still be able to work it around the farm . Where’s the raptor you pretty much have a sport quad and nothing else. As for the grizzly climbing hills you’d have 4by4 with diff lock ,nuff said .

Reactions: Vincent

·
Registered
2021 Grizzly 700 EPS SE
110 Posts
The Grizzly is amazing as a multi-use quad. Does great for trail riding and is plenty useful on the farm and around the yard.

·
Registered
62 Posts
If you are doing any work at all with an atv you will want the Grizzly. If you have no plans of working and you like to riding fast especially on tight woods trails then I would chose a raptor. The raptor is lighter and more agile but will also be more of a work out than the grizzly. I would like to have both but I have a grizzly and a Honda 450R so close enough.

·
Grizzled Moderator
2014 Yamaha Grizzly 700 EPS
4,300 Posts
The Grizzly is actually a fairly sporty utility ATV. Is it Raptor fast/sporty? No, but you might be surprised how well it can do. Open dirt roads, track, dunes and other wide open areas the Raptor is going to accel. The Grizzly still blows me away at the stuff it will climb and on technical trail you will probably be more comfortable on long day rides or daily rides for a week. Having EPS def helps.

Reactions: Vincent

·
Registered
174 Posts
I own both and both have there place. I plow with the Grizzly and the Raptor doesn't even go outside in the winter. The Raptor has upgraded shocks, jetting and CT Racing exhaust and intake. It's quite the beast to say the least but on the other hand not much useful for doing any work.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Obviously having both would be best! But, the Grizzly can rip pretty hard if you want to. And, it can arguably climb hills better than the Raptor due to the 4x4 and the IRS. I'd sure love to have a Raptor for serious trail riding, but the Grizzly scratches the itch, no doubt.

·
Super Moderator
1,646 Posts
Obviously having both would be best! But, the Grizzly can rip pretty hard if you want to. And, it can arguably climb hills better than the Raptor due to the 4x4 and the IRS. I'd sure love to have a Raptor for serious trail riding, but the Grizzly scratches the itch, no doubt.
The raptor would be one of my last choices for doing through trails. Grizzly or better yet, Kodiak is the answer for that, cvt and super nimble will yeild better speeds. The noraptor is the beast for dunes, and gravel pits and wife open fields where ya can take advantage of the tall gears and used all that speed to put smiles on the face. Couldn't beat a raptor, warrior or a banshee in the gravel pits where I grew up, or the old Honda sport trikes aka Widowmakers. Lol oh man I miss those days

·
Registered
66 Posts
Wow let’s compare apples and oranges.. Folks should I get a Ram Power Wagon or a Charger with a scat pack. I mean really,, ballers will get both,,, most of us have both or come from sport quads and dirt bikes and move up to the easier more comfortable utilities like the Grizzly. Calling the Grizzly slow or a turd not even close to accurate, it’s also a beast and depending on the trails won’t hang with a Grizzly not even close.
The fact your even asking the question makes me wonder how much you even ride or have ridden. Maybe a Suzuki 250 would be a better fit. Or maybe a closer comparison for the questions..

2 totally different machines for different riding so question is bro how do you ride? Grizzly is a beast, Raptor is a beast, both kings of their own domain. Just different domains lol

Good luck either way at least your looking at some good bikes.

·
Super Moderator
1,646 Posts
Wow let’s compare apples and oranges.. Folks should I get a Ram Power Wagon or a Charger with a scat pack. I mean really,, ballers will get both,,, most of us have both or come from sport quads and dirt bikes and move up to the easier more comfortable utilities like the Grizzly. Calling the Grizzly slow or a turd not even close to accurate, it’s also a beast and depending on the trails won’t hang with a Grizzly not even close.
The fact your even asking the question makes me wonder how much you even ride or have ridden. Maybe a Suzuki 250 would be a better fit. Or maybe a closer comparison for the questions..

2 totally different machines for different riding so question is bro how do you ride? Grizzly is a beast, Raptor is a beast, both kings of their own domain. Just different domains lol

Good luck either way at least your looking at some good bikes.
Calm down bud he asked a simple question. No need to ridicule him at all. Especially without actually knowing his actual level of experience.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

1 - 17 of 17 Posts