Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello.
So i need new tires for mine grizzly 700.
But now i dont know what to get. I Think 26inch tires is enought for me. Just now i want to know what tires to put so i wont brake any axles. Į do mud and some riding around trails. People mostly say get zillas 26" inch and you wont break axles. Is zilla only option?

·
Premium Member
5,663 Posts
Only real option for those that know is Original 26" Bighorns, all other tires are for those still learning.

That is my very opinionated, field proven, personally experienced, tire tested comment.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Big horns good for mud? But they look so that they are only good on hard pattern. Im not familiar with all kind of tires but i thought tractor likę pattern is good for mud and others more like trail hard stuff

·
Registered
325 Posts
Big horns good for mud? But they look so that they are only good on hard pattern. Im not familiar with all kind of tires but i thought tractor likę pattern is good for mud and others more like trail hard stuff
Yes you are correct. DrMud is just jealous because he knows that Mud Bugs are the best tire available...

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well mud bugs looks pretty nice į wonder are they better than zillas or itp mudlite xxl?

·
Registered
325 Posts
Never had anything but Mud Bugs, so my opinion is biased. I can tell you that in ten years of brutal punishment, I have never had a puncture, tear, or blown bead. My current set have 900 kms and still look brand new. They are excellent in the mud and great on trails. I think they are 1 pound heavier than the Zillas.

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
Don't get mudlite unless they are xtr's. What do you mostly ride? If mud is only 10% of your ride it's a lot different than 10% trails

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well its more like 35trail 65mud. Because we ride from home to places where are mud but stil mud tires is what į like

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
And whats Bad about mudlites. IM not going to buy them but mine friend owns mudlite xxl and want to know why are they not good?

·
Premium Member
5,663 Posts
Ok, this thread is making me laugh, lets be more helpful on tire selection,

How old are you?

Where do you live on the third rock from the sun? This matters due to soil types, rock formations etc. The Canadian mud is an entire different conversation than our clay mud in Southern Illinois. And define what you mean by mudding? Are you going through swamps, through trail mudholes, just fresh rained on good trails, or hitting every hole that you see, and what kind of holes are they?

I was real happy with some 27" XTR's. Wished I did not sell them, traded them in on some 28" swamplites, that was a sucker move.

·
Premium Member
5,663 Posts
I cannot access Youtube where I am at, go to MrMudder16 youtube site, go back to around 2012 videos, any Grizz in Green is mine wearing 27" BigHorns, look for the mud videos.

·
Registered
566 Posts
I had 27" mega mayhems on my g/f's when she first got it. Now I have them on stock rims on my gade. I would go looking for mud holes to see what I could go thru. I only got stuck twice, and both times I was hi centered. They measure barely 26", so won't have any axle breaking issues. I first had them on a tired 600 grizz, and didn't notice any power loss with that road hard and put away wet machine....

·
Premium Member
464 Posts
You can break axles with stock tires it's all in the operator or most of it anyways I have some bighorn 2.0 and they do alright in the mud but nothing to write home about I have 27" silverback x lites they do well in the mud but suck to ride at high speed. Pitbull growlers are great all around tires they do surprisingly well in mud and ride great on everything else.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have 3000 km on my 26 inch zilla's they are good in the mud and nice on the trail a little bumpy at slow speeds but great looking tire light weight and wear good

·
Registered
277 Posts
Zillas or mud bugs, either one will get through anything as long as you don't high center they both clean out well. Big horns are better for trails and rocks but not as good for mudding if they can't clean out your kinda screwed. Id go with a tire bigger than 26 especially if you get zillas, they run small.

·
Registered
277 Posts
And mud lites are fine.... they're just not as good as zillas or mud bugs which are also cheaper so.... don't buy them. Maxxis make some of the best tires in my opinion, everyone else is a wanna be.

·
Registered
23 Posts
my opinion since i also ride canadian mud and trails is Zillas there perfect and durable!

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ok, this thread is making me laugh, lets be more helpful on tire selection,

How old are you?

Where do you live on the third rock from the sun? This matters due to soil types, rock formations etc. The Canadian mud is an entire different conversation than our clay mud in Southern Illinois. And define what you mean by mudding? Are you going through swamps, through trail mudholes, just fresh rained on good trails, or hitting every hole that you see, and what kind of holes are they?

I was real happy with some 27" XTR's. Wished I did not sell them, traded them in on some 28" swamplites, that was a sucker move.
Well im 17yrs old been riding chinese ATV since 11 and until last moth i ii was still riding and fixing it. Now im with grizz which i love except few things driving me crazy. Well im from Lithuania. Mud around here is not clay like in your place. We do like find some holes and play in them and then we move on some interesting spots some trails again mud and so on

·
Registered
79 Posts
I'm running Mudzillas, great in mud decent on trails (for a pure mud tire). My last bike had Zilla's. See the trend? I too like and recommend Maxxis products.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Just picked up a set of 27 11x12 megamayhems 80 bucks new on eBay,limited time . I'm guessing they are a million times better than my stockers on my 2010.lol

1 - 20 of 20 Posts