Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a bit of a set back... I have a 2001 grizzly 600 its a great bike i love it best bike ive had. But i cant seem to keep ball joints in it. the first ball joint fell out at about 50 mph sending me sliding down the road and the bike in peaces. Me and my dad rebuilt it . And replaced the ball joint with a kympex a arm and ball joint since they are made together. About 2 weeks later i broke a front left axle and when i replaced it i found that ball joint bad again.. I thought ok maybe a odd ball in the batch and messaged the company and they sent another. Well today i was at busco with the fellas and once again another ball joint falls out thank god i wasnt moving to fast about 5 or 10 mph. Ive read up on this a little bit and the only thing i found was the nut backing off. But in my case the ball itself is coming out of the arm . Hoping someone can lead me in the right direction with maybe a better company or some tips .... thank you.

·
Registered
5,157 Posts
I would inspect the front strut suspension and frame for damage.
Are the struts still working fine? A worn, bouncing strut will put extra stress on the mounts and ball joints.
Did you bend the frame when the first ball joint dropped out?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Everything works great no bends or damage my only problem are those ball joints failing and coming out... They are only about a month old i just replaced them and they already failed.

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
Try replacing the A-arm and using a factory ball joint with retainer clip

·
Registered
10 Posts
Try replacing the A-arm and using a factory ball joint with retainer clip

I agree sometimes the aftermarket parts are the issue, I have always spent the extra money and go with OEM for ball joints and never had to this day ...Knock on wood a ball joint failure.

·
Registered
5,157 Posts
I also agree with above. Usually when it some to suspension components, you just can't beat OEM quality.
All Balls Racing parts would be the last thing I would use. Cheaply made junk, especially ball joints and Tie Rod Ends.

·
Registered
5,157 Posts
Internet. You can get everything online.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts