Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I was doing my first oil change, I just completed a teardown removing all plastics including plastic a arm guards. Washing everything and then making sure all nuts and bolts were tight. After reassembly I have two plastic push rivets left over and one smaller bolt the size of the ones that go into the a arm plastic guards. What I'm assuming is that I put two metal bolts with washers into a spot where plastic rivets should have gone. Although I'm not really sure. Anyone have any links to a video or pictures on removing and reinstalling plastics in detail?

·
Registered
937 Posts
I understand what you're asking for but I'm unfamiliar with the newest machines. A good place to start would be to let us know what year and model of machine you are talking about. I assume it must be a new machine ('17-18) based on the fact that it's the first oil change. Or is it the first oil change for you with a Grizzly?

Edit: you may want to add a signature to you profile so everyone knows what you ride and what your mods are.

Reactions: captaincool

·
Premium Member
731 Posts
Is that for a 700, what year?
The two plastic rivets maybe from the front of the upper cover (air box) right underneath the handle bars?
Not so sure about the bolt but I'd look for the inner fender well covers, and that's a big guess!

·
Premium Member
3,764 Posts
Honestly, the only way to know for sure is to repeat your steps and look over your machine. It sucks but nobody can do that on line. :icon_ goofy:

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
Honestly, the only way to know for sure is to repeat your steps and look over your machine. It sucks but nobody can do that on line. :icon_ goofy:
X2.....You need to retrace your steps.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I understand what you're asking for but I'm unfamiliar with the newest machines. A good place to start would be to let us know what year and model of machine you are talking about. I assume it must be a new machine ('17-18) based on the fact that it's the first oil change. Or is it the first oil change for you with a Grizzly?

Edit: you may want to add a signature to you profile so everyone knows what you ride and what your mods are.
Sorry yes I should have specified, but I thought first oil change would give it away. It's a 2018 Grizzly. I mean I'm not super concerned about it as I know it's only body panelling fastenters and nothing seems loose or anything but having parts left over has honestly never happened to me before :S I'll put her back up on atv lift and take another gander. I was tired by the end of the day so who knows.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Thank you I have updated my sig.

·
Registered
269 Posts
The bolt looks like the one at the rear of the central glove box, look down in front of airbox snorkel there is a fastening bolt there(or not) the front of the box has 2 spigots that go into rubber mounts, if you push the box forward & tighten the bolt up, the box rubs on the gear select shaft plastic quadrant making gear changes sticky, insert bolt & pull the box rearward then tighten bolt, makes the changes slicker.

The 2 pins might be from the rear area of the top cover that sits on top of the glove box, under the seat. Don't know if you took those bits off.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Okay I think I figured out partially what my problem was, the spare bolts above were actually for the front a arm guards. In their place I had mistakenly put these black bolts there but now I have no idea where these black ones go. Anyone have any input on where these suckers go on a 2016 to 18 grizzly?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I put the fasteners for each body panel in a separate little plastic snack bag with a post-it label. Good luck.

I'll be doing this next time for sure!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts