Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to forums but hopeing somebosy can help me. Have a 2013 grizzly 700 eps. When i got it engine was trashed so had it rebuilt all new. When i got this grizz and began taking it apart when i pulled clutch cover grease and belt shavings were everywhere and oddly enough on the clutch collar on primary it was worn by the belt. I didnt think much of it since this thing threw a rod and may have other issues so i put new belt and collar on and did the shim mod while i was at it. So anyways a year later i pull clutch cover for some prevenative maintence and find the same exact thing. Greese and belt shavings. Scarred collar. I have no idea what causes this the primary had new rollers in it too. The belt should never hit the collar to my knowledge especially enough to scar it. Id pull shims (1.7mm) and blame them if i hadnt saw the same thing a year ago. Never had this issue on my 08 grizz either. See picture! Thanks in advance

·
Registered
5,546 Posts
No picture to see.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cant figure out how to attach pic says attachment limit reaches when i press paper xlip

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
I use this icon. I do not use the paper clip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
just when i thought i had this picture stuff figured out...

Your submission could not be processed because a security token was missing.

If this occurred unexpectedly, please inform the administrator and describe the action you performed before you received this error.

·
Grizzled
2014 Yamaha Grizzly 700 EPS
3,662 Posts
just when i thought i had this picture stuff figured out...

Your submission could not be processed because a security token was missing.

If this occurred unexpectedly, please inform the administrator and describe the action you performed before you received this error.
Are you using Tapatalk on your phone to attach the picture?
@VS_Goose seems the potential for some ongoing issues with picture attachments from mobiles.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
I use Tapatalk Pro... no problems yet

·
Registered
800 Posts
I use Tapatalk Pro... no problems yet

That's probably because Tapatalk inserts pictures with the text. Where as GC inserts pictures in attachment form, aka, separate from text.

·
Premium Member
10,670 Posts
New to forums but hopeing somebosy can help me. Have a 2013 grizzly 700 eps. When i got it engine was trashed so had it rebuilt all new. When i got this grizz and began taking it apart when i pulled clutch cover grease and belt shavings were everywhere and oddly enough on the clutch collar on primary it was worn by the belt. I didnt think much of it since this thing threw a rod and may have other issues so i put new belt and collar on and did the shim mod while i was at it. So anyways a year later i pull clutch cover for some prevenative maintence and find the same exact thing. Greese and belt shavings. Scarred collar. I have no idea what causes this the primary had new rollers in it too. The belt should never hit the collar to my knowledge especially enough to scar it. Id pull shims (1.7mm) and blame them if i hadnt saw the same thing a year ago. Never had this issue on my 08 grizz either. See picture! Thanks in advance
I'm betting there were C.V.T. mods installed before the engine broke.
If I was trying to identify the problem, I would inspect the parts for damage and reassemble the primary for installation.
Is there a rub mark on the cover? If the belt wore on the collar the movable sheave runs across, the belt should have been out of the secondary causing a hole.
If there is no hole in the cover, measure the weight(s) diameter for 30 mm's and flat spots. Inspect the primary for wear marks in the weight channels and slider engagement points.
If all looks good there, is the wear on the collar deep scratches or light marring?
Then inspect the splines on the fixed sheave. Is there rubbing on the C.V.T. cover half bolted to the engine behind the fixed sheave?
If all parts look good, install the primary and belt, and use an O.E.M. belt.
Once this is done I would count the pulley ratio to learn if it is different than stock.
If the ratio is stock, I'm betting the P.O. replaced the belt with an after market P.O.S. replacement and the belt failed letting it get to the collar.
I tried an after market belt and it failed after 3 days and a few hundred miles. It was a Dayco belt and many others have learned O.E.M. is the way to go.

·
Premium Member
331 Posts
Security tokens are generic errors when the forums isnt sure what to do.

Could be a couple things, but since this is with images:

- Try editing the images to be smaller / have a smaller file size

- Try uploading fewer images at a time.

Let me know if that helps.

Start a thread in the site help section on this if it persists so we dont derail the thread any further.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts