Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i bought a 2007 grizzly 350 with IRS. and its drives/runes great when i go forward and reverse. over a certain speed. there is a popping noise. i changed the wheel barranings in it. still makes this noise can someone maybe give me or tell me whats wrong with it. it does this in 2x4 and 4x4. someone said to change the axel the cv joints or possilbe a band in the rear end needs to be replaced has anyone had this problem before?

·
Grizzled
3,559 Posts
Welcome to GC!

When you titled your thread *rear end*, this suddenly came to mind

Sorry for the OT.

Have you suspended the quad in the air, put it in neutral and independently turned the wheels to see if there is any unusual noise? Is the quad modded in any way... like a lift or something that could mechanically change the OEM?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i bought it like it is. and yes it has been raised. and there has been aftermarket axels put in. when i got it the back right boots was off near the rear end not he wheel side. i took it out washed it out everything seems right and regreesed it and got the actual tool needed to replace the boot and put it back on. i was told it was to high so i lowered it 2 clicks front and back should i lower it more and would that make the poppin go away or do i need to replace the axel or somthing?

·
Grizzled
3,559 Posts
There are definitely people on here with a lot more experience than I... but I would consider removing the lift. do you know how high the lift is and were there new, longer axles used with the lift? It is possible they previous owner put a lift on there and used the original axles which may not work depending on how high the lift is. Add to that, you say one of the axles didn't have a boot on it... that would also be highly suspect. Does that axle make any noise that is different from the other axles?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Theres aftermarket axels and it up high. Im drop it to ight to see if it changes any a d the axels are the heavy duty o es

·
Premium Member
10,180 Posts
How tall is the lift? Is it so tall the stock axles needed replaced? or just an inch or two?
I suggest removing the lift and get it back in stock configuration if possible. If an axle still pops, replace the joint or whatever is needed. Once you get the problem fixed, you can install the lift it needed.
You can add a signature that appears with every post to keep us informed on your ride and the mods. Go to UserCP and its in the column to the left.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok ill try it I'm new to this stuff so add fat add mods I'm not sure about what it had our what I want to-do with it. Ur war ment to be a hunting four wheeler

1 - 7 of 7 Posts