Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 08 700 Grizzly with FI and EPS that when I got it had a blown engine. I aquired another engine and have been in the process of swapping them out. Well before I removed the old engine I tried to take a good many cell phone pics of where stuff went like the engine hoses since the electrical connectors are pretty easy since they won't fit unless they are in the correct plug. Well I have come down to 2 hose hook ups that I for the life of me can't remember what hooks to them.
They are lines #22 and #21 in the picture I have attached. I know they connect to the fuel injector at what I can best describe is a "Y" fitting which I assume ends up in the same place. But I can't remember where the lines go at the other end.
Another thing is my radiator has the usual inlet and outlet ports along with the tiny fitting close to the filler neck where the overflow tank gets connected. Well between the overflow outlet and the water inlet there is another tiny fitting just like the one close to the filler neck. Does anybody know which hose goes to it and where does the other end of that hose connect?
If you look in the "radiator" picture I attached you can see the tiny little outlet right above the inlet just barely sticking out.
Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Ray

Attachments

·
Registered
39 Posts
I don't know if it will help you. . .

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I think by looking at those diagrams it looks like one goes to the top of the overflow tank and the other one goes to that other tiny radiator fitting I asked about?? Is that what you fellows see or am I looking at it wrong??
Thanks
Ray

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry, meant to ask this in the last post but does anybody know what they call that "Y" shaped connection that's located on the side of the Fuel Injection unit??
Thanks
Ray

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Update on my situation so far.
I found another guy who had a 2008 Grizzly and he told me where the lines are suppose to go. Problem is, on the new motor I got to put in place of the blown one it's missing the port. In the pictures I have attached you can see the port on 2008 model with the line still attached to it. And on the other picture you can clearly see the port is not there. There is a small protrusion where the port was drill but its solid as it it doesn't need the port. I think the new motor is a 2011 model. Can anybody advise on what I should do next?
Thanks
Ray

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Do any of you think it would be possible to drill out at this little flat spot on the end of the thermostat housing and thread in a
barbed fitting to connect the other end of that water line to? Or would it make a difference since the factory fitting is on the "other" side of the thermostat? This seems to be safer than trying to drill the cylinder and since I have 2 motors I have an extra thermostat housing already :)

Thanks
Ray

Attachments

·
Registered
39 Posts
It must be possible, but it would be safer to drill in the same place (below according to the photos). Depending on where you are drilling, the function may be different.

There remains the solution of mounting the cylinder head of the old engine.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It must be possible, but it would be safer to drill in the same place (below according to the photos). Depending on where you are drilling, the function may be different.

There remains the solution of mounting the cylinder head of the old engine.
I thought of that but the other engine has bad cylinder and piston so that's out.
But I have good news. I went by our local repair shop today and inquired about having to reroute that coolant line and the mechanic said I could just block off the small port on the radiator and not worry about hooking up that "Y" thing on the Fuel Injection unit. He said those were only on there for a few years and its a fuel heater to keep the thing warm when riding in really cold climates. So it really doesn't even need it. All that head scratching and worrying for nothing I guess. Live and learn.
Thanks to all who replied. This is still a really great forum for information and tips. :)

Thanks
Ray

·
Registered
39 Posts
I remember seeing a similar system (carburetor heating) on a Yamaha snowmobile, it was a 700 Vmax 3 cylinder.

So don't worry about that, it's good news (y)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts