Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, Im trying to use grizzhopper diagrams to do my reverse rev limiter bypass the correct way on my 02 660 but when i open the site I only get a white page or a godaddy spam if I turn off my adblocker. Anyone can help ? Or just answer my questions if you know the answer.

I will locate my green wire with white stripe and ground it. Do I have to ground it to the frame anywhere or to the battery ? If to the battery, what terminal (negative i imagine). Also what do you call those little junction boxes that you slap on the existing spliced wire and connect your 3rd one that is going to ground ?

my grizzly sputter a lot in reverse and even is high, i am gessing its my rev limiter acting out. carb was cleaned with all the jets blasted with brake cleaner and air. intake valves were adjusted but not the exhaust ( can't do it myself because of the shitty angle, ill pay a mecanic to do it). Idles fine, bogs and sputters when throttle is from 0 to 1/3. after that its like a new one.

·
"Respect my authoratah"
3,358 Posts
There are knowledgable 660 Grizzly people on this site so I'll let them get into the 660 specifics. But as far as a Rev Limiter, that is almost always for limiting the upper range of the engine revolutions (RPM), not lower range. Maybe there is a known 660 issue where someone with 660 knowledge can help out but seems like you're headed down the wrong path trying to resolve the low RPM sputtering by way of the Rev Limiter.

·
Premium Member
7,390 Posts
First... Grizzhopper shut his site down a few years ago because of illness. I was following some research he was doing with secondary mods. Sad when a person has to stop doing something that he was passionate about.

I had a 05 660 that the CDI went nuts. Couldn't ride over 15-20mph. Put in a aftermarket CDI made by Dynatech to fix it.
The reverse over ride only works on the reverse limiter. Ground the wire to the frame.

Here is a over ride video

·
Registered
74 Posts
Trying to get my head around whats going on is it a problem down in the lower end of the rev range or at the top end and is the problem only in reverse or in forward as well.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Trying to get my head around whats going on is it a problem down in the lower end of the rev range or at the top end and is the problem only in reverse or in forward as well.
It is in the lower range rev in forward and reverse but way worst in reverse. Once my throttle is past the first 1/4 - 1/3 it rides like new.

·
Registered
74 Posts
My 700 had similar problem chased the problem for month turn out to be stretched timing chain retarding the valve timing what miles or ks are on it i would take the time to check that first.check the valve clearance at the same time.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My 700 had similar problem chased the problem for month turn out to be stretched timing chain retarding the valve timing what miles or ks are on it i would take the time to check that first.check the valve clearance at the same time.
I readjusted the intake valve clearence myself and now it runs way better than it did but did not readjust the exhausts valves. It has 32 675 km on it and ots an 02 660. I will have the exhaust valves adjusted by a shop in 3 days. (How the heck do u get to them. Its just too tight to do anything around them hahahaha

·
Registered
74 Posts
The exhaust valve not as bad as inlet it will only cause lower compression but will burn the valve if left with no clearance if you can get a finger in to the exhaust rocker you can feel if its tight or has clearance if you can see the exhaust rocker turn engine to the valve is closed just go a little more get your finger in there try to lift it up and down.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hey guys, Im trying to use grizzhopper diagrams to do my reverse rev limiter bypass the correct way on my 02 660 but when i open the site I only get a white page or a godaddy spam if I turn off my adblocker. Anyone can help ? Or just answer my questions if you know the answer.

I will locate my green wire with white stripe and ground it. Do I have to ground it to the frame anywhere or to the battery ? If to the battery, what terminal (negative i imagine). Also what do you call those little junction boxes that you slap on the existing spliced wire and connect your 3rd one that is going to ground ?

my grizzly sputter a lot in reverse and even is high, i am gessing its my rev limiter acting out. carb was cleaned with all the jets blasted with brake cleaner and air. intake valves were adjusted but not the exhaust ( can't do it myself because of the shitty angle, ill pay a mecanic to do it). Idles fine, bogs and sputters when throttle is from 0 to 1/3. after that its like a new one.
I've been advised by those much more knowledgeable than I that it is necessary to run pokers through all of the little holes and passages of the carb. I once had a grain of sand (or a little piece of corrosion) that was stuck in an air passage even after a chemical bath, brake cleaner, and compressed air. It only cleared when I hit it with a poker.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts