Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, looks like my 14 yr old Garmin Map60 is pooched.

So looking for suggestions for a new unit to use on my Grizzly. I do not use cell phones so that option is out. Anyone using the newer Garmin 64's ?? Or other suggestions please.

·
Premium Member
2,146 Posts
I have the Montana and love it but it's pricey.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I’ve used a Garmin 64st for last 3 years. I have it mounted with a ram mount holder and wired a charger (but run on rechargeable batteries most of the time). I’ve been happy with it. A larger screen would be nice at times, but for the price I’m happy with this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
307 Posts
I have a pair of Montana's and they work great with the powered RAM cradle.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I have a garmin gpsmap 62s.
I purchased 6 of the 64s again 6 of the 64sc for work at my last job, axxcess the geologist loved them. So one day I took one into the bush and tried it out. Loved it, so I went on ebay, wave ended up picking up the older 62s for $120 shipped to my door in Canada. I love it on the bike. Highly recommend any of the gpsmap 6x series.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
220 Posts
I've been using a GPSMAP 64ST for several years now. Bought it for hunting public land and found that it works well mounted to a RAM on the Grizzly. The trails around here are on the included maps too! It takes a beating, and the batteries last for several days too.

Wish it was bigger and it is also cumbersome to scroll around and explore on the map because it isn't a touch screen. But for seeing what's ahead and following where you've been it is a great addition and I don't leave home without it.​

·
Registered
19 Posts
What's wrong with it?
garmin has a refurbish program.
The last time I used it for a GPSMap 76, discontinued at the time, It was $125.

which while more than what I paid for it, at a pawn shop, was better than buying and LEARNING a new one.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the input everyone. Went with the Garmin 64ST. Operates pretty much the same as my old one, which is FUBAR.

Found it on sale at Cabellas, and the Garmin rep happened to be there at the same time. Works great.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts