Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Brand new Grizzly 700 EPS and I want to get a wheel and tire package from Rocky mountain.

From what I can gather, it seems that the front wheels are narrower than the rear with maybe a different offset? Tell me if I'm wrong. Of course I already know that the tires are 8" wide front and 10" wide rear.

Here's what I want to get: aftermarket 7" wide wheels with a 5+2 offset, front and rear. 9" wide Bighorns front and 12" wide rear. Staying with 26", unless there is a compelling reason to go to 27's?

What I need to know: Any clearance issues with any components up front? Seems when I go full steering lock right now that there is only about a half inch before the wheel hits the tie rod. Also, the consequences of the chosen aftermarket wheels. I expect it to be wider about an inch on each side, is that a correct assumption as well? And if the stock wheels are a different offset front and rear, what about with me replacing with fronts and rears that are the same offset? Will the front stick out more than the rear a bit? It kind of looks to me like the rear dish seems deeper on the stock wheels than the fronts.

·
Registered
944 Posts
Do yourself a favor and go with 9" wide all around. You can rotate them, you gain a bit of weight savings which you will notice in the butt dyno. You will save a bit as the narrow tires are cheaper. You will see zero losses going with a square setup.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2020 kodiak 450SE
365 Posts
It would make it the same.

·
Premium Member
8,758 Posts
Those tires and rims will fit without any issue.
Grizzlies from hub face to hub face are slightly wider in the front.

·
Premium Member
11,985 Posts
Welcome from Colorado.
I run the tire set-up you are considering (O.G.'s) on 12" stock wheels and like the performance in the conditions around here. In the rocks after market wheels cause more problems than they're worth.
https://flic.kr/p/fYCvY2

1 - 6 of 6 Posts