Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I'm looking for some help on choosing a good color to powder coat my frame on my grizzly 700. I'm going to attempt a frame swap and "Rollin" has mentioned he should have done the powder coating while you have your new frame sitting there. My quad is a 2014 special edition in flat black. My local powder coater said $300 for the frame. I asked about getting the racks and front hd bumper done too. He said he would do a package deal, but needs pics of the racks and front bumper. If it's too expensive i'm going to scrap it and just stay with black, but i'd like you opinion on what would look good with flat black. I'm thinking bronze but i'd love some suggestions. I wish i knew how to do a poll, but i don't.

·
Just wanna ride!!
5,517 Posts
@GEARSLAYER might have some insight for you at least on price since he’s in the biz.

·
Site Founder
4,961 Posts
@GEARSLAYER might have some insight for you at least on price since he’s in the biz.

I’m a big fan of black mini-texture. $300 is a decent price on your frame.

You can do a theme of just about any color with that black. I’d have him do the frame and maybe your hubs in a nice accent color you like. Then get matching Rox risers and grips. Black bars. Nice. I’d do a lime green or bright blue maybe.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Lime, Hi Viz Green!!!!!

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've decided i'm going to invest money into some fender flares and keep my frame the stock black. I read a couple of powder coating posts on durability. If it started to chip off there is no way i'd strip this frame down to nothing to get it fixed. Thanks for your insight Gearslayer.

·
Site Founder
4,961 Posts
I've decided i'm going to invest money into some fender flares and keep my frame the stock black. I read a couple of powder coating posts on durability. If it started to chip off there is no way i'd strip this frame down to nothing to get it fixed. Thanks for your insight Gearslayer.

No problem. I understand where you’re coming from.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts