Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! I am new here and very new to ATVs! I got a used Yamaha Grizzly 700 2010 a couple of weeks ago and it was ok until a couple or rides after. Tha machine stalled and then did not start any more. Batter seems fine, I replace the starter selenoid, I am about to replace the throttle position sensor but hey, I found tha blac cable comming from the negative of the battery not connected anywhere! Where should I connect it?
Automotive tire Plant Mammal Gas Auto part

·
Registered
2017 Grizzly
453 Posts
Looks like some heat damage to the plastic clip, while it certainly looks like a ground cable looking at the electrical connector does not appear a nut was on it. Insure a real ground by use of a meter as might be some sort of aftermarket accessory it was once connected too.
You replaced the starter solenoid, did you verify by bridging across that the starter will crank?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Many thanks Fireman2! Actually, it cranks well but does not start :) I am about to replace the throttle position sensor but still looking for the right tool to unscrew it and in that process I relized that the negative lead cable is not connected to somewhere! but, yes it cranks and it used to fire up well until a week ago that it went off while riding the machine and I was barely able to get it into the garage. Codes 12 and 46 came on at that time. By the way, where should I screw back in this end of the cable? :oops:

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
Connects to one of the starter mounting bolts

1 - 6 of 6 Posts