Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hey guys, new to forum. i just pickedup a 97 kodiak 400 off a buddy. starts up great. backfires sometimes when giving her the gas. little did i know, doesnt have an air filter or lid on airbox!!! could this cause this problem?? its got a brand new aftermarket carb on it. starts and idles puurfect but if u hammer on it it gives a little bog and dies. but if slowly accelerate this baby runs smooth. also i am going to be mounting a superwinch on front for plowing so any pictures of mount setups would be awesome. also wondering if anyone has ever made an extension for the H-L-R shifter, as I am in the process so no more leaning down when plowing!! lol thanks in advance!

·
Registered
5,157 Posts
Yes the missing filter and airbox cover will most certainly cause your issues. You are running a very lean mixture like that..

·
Premium Member
9,293 Posts
Welcome from Colorado.
I wouldn't run it without a filter and box lid.
Get those on and let us know how it runs then.
Maybe one of our very old members can recall where they put their '97' plow pictures. :rofl:

·
Registered
5,157 Posts
That plow mount "should" fit. The early Kodiak and Big Bears used the same frame. If not, it would take very little modification to make it fit.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts