·
Registered
1,214 Posts
They will see

·
Premium Member
2,645 Posts
Idigg,

Thanks. It seems there are alot of guys on there saying it could be better than a RZR and that they'd buy it. And alot of guys bashing Popos, and even more comparing a 5 sp tranny to CVT and surmising how it will work.

Still pics of the single frames in the most recent video:
2016 Yamaha Sport Side by Side UTV SxS Banshee YXZ SS

·
Premium Member
2,645 Posts
Reactions: Mccdan

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
The overall shape seems to match the other pictures

·
Registered
905 Posts
Check this out. I have no way of knowing how real this is....

BREAKING! New Yamaha YXZ drawings released in Yamaha patent! | SXSBlog.com
Easily the most revealing link posted so far. Good find. If someone faked that they put in a lot of goddam effort. It's too bad the sketches from above don't show the track width though. Seat spacing looks similar to a RZR. Really curious to find out if they'll release any model close to 50". Skimming through the text it sounds like a lot of the reason for the divorced trans was to lower seat height, improve ground clearance and reduce width.

·
Premium Member
2,645 Posts
Really curious to find out if they'll release any model close to 50".
Someone on the RZR forum was hoping for a 50" machine, and there was a response opining it's not likely because of the prior liabiilty issues Yamaha had with Rhinos flipping.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
I wonder if this transmission will make it's way into some other sxs models? Maybe Yamaha decided the wet clutch system can't reliably handle much more than 50 HP.

This thing will be an absolute riot at 112 HP with a 5sp manual transmission.

Reactions: jvictory1974

·
Premium Member
2,645 Posts
I really doubt it will be a standard 5 spd with a clutch, but who knows.

Reactions: okbear

·
Registered
5,704 Posts
The more I read about this machine, the more I think this machine is the one we have all been waiting for. I also believe this is going to have almost as big an impact on the industry as the Rhino did. We will see and time will tell the truth.

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
I agree.

Some people may regret getting in a rush and going elsewhere

Reactions: jvictory1974

·
Registered
204 Posts
Seems to me it should be far more reliable than the turbo Polaris. Those things will probably end up in the shop more than they are on the trail.
What's that based on? Because you own a Yamaha? I would not own a Polaris but I don't go on here and post unsupported brand bashing. Polaris is laughing at Yamaha right now and has a fatter bank account due to the huge success of the Razor

·
Registered
204 Posts
Polaris uses their customers as the R&D department, they get to find all the problems.

Pretty certain Yamaha has tested the crap out of this thing, before they put it on the showroom floor.
What facts do you have to support that? Do you work at Polaris? Please enlighten us on your secret knowledge of Polaris. Once again I am not a Polaris boy but this is cheap propaganda that dilutes these forums

I'm sure Yamaha has tested it as much as Polaris. We live in a world of litigation and if you don't make sure your products are good you will get sued.

Speaking of sued didn't Yamaha find themselves in court over the Rhino flipping over and they had the dealers put wheel spacers on them? Did Yamaha test the crap out of the early Rhino until it flipped?:icon_ laughup:

·
Registered
204 Posts
I love the yellow / black and the 5 speed will start a whole new ballgame. Hope there is a 50" option our trails are not side by side friendly (yet)

·
Registered
905 Posts

Reactions: wgc and PA. GRIZZLY

·
Banned
2,789 Posts
I won't ride with Polaris quads by choice....because I don't want to have to tow it back to camp, lol. :nana:

I've only had one experience with a Polaris in our group. 4 Grizzly's, one Popo. The Popo overheated 3 times going up Engineer Pass and even when we were riding our local trails, not nearly as much climbing, it still overheated. Big, stinking pile of dog crap.

The Popo rider saw the light and bought a Grizzly.

That's left a really bad taste in my mouth regarding Poolaris.

Reactions: Nsgrizzlyman

·
Registered
265 Posts
There is no doubt that yamaha builds some of the most reliable machines on the market. My dads RZR has only had minor issues like the primary clutch bearing wearing out and the brake pedal sensor having a loose connection not allowing it to start. So far it has not had enough issues to call it unreliable but it is definitely not built as well as any of our yamahas. Not a bad machine just not yamaha tough. And dont get me started on can ams some of you may have read my post about all of the problems I had with mine, and if not lets just say its a bit scary when ur atv could blow you up while riding it (exhaust melted hole in gas tank). This new sxs should bring in a lot of buyers who have had bad experiences with other brands.

·
Just wanna ride!!
5,540 Posts
I really doubt it will be a standard 5 spd with a clutch, but who knows.

I'm hoping for it NOT to be a manual... The wife wouldn't be a fan and I don't want to buy a RZR. If it is, I'll probably be getting an R-Spec.

Sent from my Grizzly Central mobile communication device.

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
Wolverine is still a hell of a sxs I think.

Reactions: rwreuter and okbear
41 - 60 of 293 Posts