Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got it last week, hauled it home in my short bed F150 and am planning a ride in Virginia next week.

Whats the best trickle charger to get for my machine?

Hope this pic attachment worked. Here it is sitting in my truck after getting it on board.

Best,

Scribe308

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,067 Posts
Congrats on the griz and welcome to GC.

·
Premium Member
7,390 Posts
Hey..scribe308..Welcome to GC from Wisconsin.
Congratulations on the new Griz.
Great to hear that you are going to be riding it right away:banana:
No real recommendation on a charger there plenty of good ones on the market.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Nice,just go to auto store and by 12v trickle.l don't have mine on a trickle yet I just start it for 5 min once a week.no problems.

·
Registered
424 Posts
I don't put mine on trickle until the winter months when I don't ride as often.
But, I have 3 Battery Tender Jrs and they work great! Got mine for $20 each on sale but even normal they are only $25 each. They come with clamps for temp usage or ring terminals with a pigtail so you can leave it permanently mounted. Just plug in the pigtail and no removing the plastics to get to the battery each time!

The good things the clamps work for are my motorcycle battery (which is removed over winter) and lawn mower which is easily accessed. I also use it on my trucks Optima Yellow top. It's a big battery but as long as you don't let it get too low, it charges it back to normal without any issues.

I haven't used any other brand so I can't say if these are better or worse but no issues yet!

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Welcome to GC from Missouri. Congrats on the 16. I use the Battery Tender Jr battery maintainer. Have four of them going in the garage right now.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Battery Tender Jr it'll be!

Thanks for the welcomes all!

It's tough to be a member here and not constantly evaluate your own accessory add-ons... :)

·
Registered
364 Posts
Welcome from Indiana to GC. and I also use Battery Tender Jr. its automatic monitoring makes it nice, just plug it in and no worries. I hard wired mine and ran it up to the handlebars and zip tied to handlebars and I can tuck it in behind bars and light pod when not in use, don't even see it. but there are many ways to run it for what ever makes you happy. Good luck with your NEW Grizzly:)

·
Just wanna ride!!
5,513 Posts
Welcome from Oklahoma City. Congrats on the new machine!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts