Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The wife and I have been talking about replacing our 2002 manual shift Rancher with something newer and nicer. Actually, it's been mostly me talking and her listening. It seems like every time we go riding with the kids and grandkids, I'm the one the ends up riding the old machine. All the girls claim they don't know how to shift.

We were a local dealer Saturday, they had 1 leftover 2017 Kodiak EPS, The price was right, and my wife really liked the blue, She says the handle bars are lower and in a much more comfortable position for her than my Grizzly. So, the old Rancher is gone, and Grandma has a new Kodiak. She had the dealer add a windscreen while we were there.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Nice looking ride, especially nice looking stock rims. Which dealer in MN hooked you up?

Reactions: aht_six

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. We purchased at Waldoch's in Forest Lake. It's the first time we've dealt with them, but I was very pleased with their service. Good folks.

·
Premium Member
2,202 Posts
X2 on the stock rims and congrats

·
Just wanna ride!!
5,518 Posts
Looks great!!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was moving the new Kodiak tonight and noticed the tail light and brake light wires must be reversed. When the lights are on the tail light is very bright, and when I hit the brakes, you have to look very closely to even see that the bulb is coming on.

I guess I'll bring it back to the dealer tomorrow.

·
Just wanna ride!!
5,518 Posts
I'm gonna guess a couple plugs got plugged into the wrong receptacles during assembly. I have no idea where those would be located but if you pull your side plastics, you should be able to trace the wires and find the problem. Unless your dealer is right around the corner, I'd do that first.

Reactions: aht_six

·
Registered
120 Posts
Is that an Kodiak SE? The stickers are standard but the tow hitch and rims are SE. Does it have a locker? Either way, Nice quad.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
217 Posts
I was moving the new Kodiak tonight and noticed the tail light and brake light wires must be reversed. When the lights are on the tail light is very bright, and when I hit the brakes, you have to look very closely to even see that the bulb is coming on.

I guess I'll bring it back to the dealer tomorrow.
The connector for the tail light is under the rear fender, you don't have to remove anything to access it. Just match the wires to the same color:
http://www.grizzlycentral.com/forum/attachments/grizzly-chassis-body/34793d1466439101-bent-frame-20160616_195626.jpg

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm gonna guess a couple plugs got plugged into the wrong receptacles during assembly. I have no idea where those would be located but if you pull your side plastics, you should be able to trace the wires and find the problem. Unless your dealer is right around the corner, I'd do that first.
The connector for the tail light is under the rear fender, you don't have to remove anything to access it. Just match the wires to the same color:
http://www.grizzlycentral.com/forum/attachments/grizzly-chassis-body/34793d1466439101-bent-frame-20160616_195626.jpg
Thank you, I think you guys are spot on. I looked under there this morning, and in the light of day, I think I saw the problem. The yellow wire from the light looked to be plugged into the blue wire on the harness, and the blue from the light to the yellow. I'll swap them around when I get home.

·
Registered
120 Posts

·
Just wanna ride!!
5,518 Posts
Thank you, I think you guys are spot on. I looked under there this morning, and in the light of day, I think I saw the problem. The yellow wire from the light looked to be plugged into the blue wire on the harness, and the blue from the light to the yellow. I'll swap them around when I get home.
Good deal! Sounds like another case of some 18 year old kid doing assembly in the back with other things on his mind. lol.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I swapped the two wires and all is well.

Attachments

·
Registered
241 Posts
Very nice ride. And I agree with your wife, I like the blue.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Loaded up and ready for our first real ride with the new Kodiak. I added the Warn Vantage winch I got with my 2016 Grizzly, mirrors and a Kolpin scout box I had in my shed.

Attachments

Reactions: okbear
1 - 17 of 17 Posts