Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner
21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
513 Posts
I've got or had a 07, 11,14 and 20. No problems with the 20 and it seems perfectly fine. I do like the style of the 14's better and it has been an excellent machine. I'd still prefer to buy the new one, but I would not shy away from an extremely low mileage 12-15 in excellent shape. I wish I would have bought another 14 at the time as it was pretty affordable and a damn good machine.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I've got or had a 07, 11,14 and 20. No problems with the 20 and it seems perfectly fine. I do like the style of the 14's better and it has been an excellent machine. I'd still prefer to buy the new one, but I would not shy away from an extremely low mileage 12-15 in excellent shape. I wish I would have bought another 14 at the time as it was pretty affordable and a damn good machine.
I agree, my 2015, was awesome but it got stolen out of my garage, my wife left the door open and the key was in the machine... :(

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Hey so I just bought a new 2021 Blue Grizzly 700 yesterday, the only one I could find in Western Canda at the moment...

After bringing it home I decided to exchange stock tires with a set of ITP Mud Lites i had, during the swap i discovered all the front shock fastening bolts were just finger tight, coolant was low and soooo many scratches... what the heck, i paid full MSRP for this?

Attachments

·
Grizzled
2014 Yamaha Grizzly 700 EPS
4,106 Posts
How much money did the dealer charge you for PDI? Seems like they didn’t do their job and you should bring that up to the dealer manager. The scuffs and scratches are one thing, but finger tight bolts on the shocks could have caused a serious issue if you were out riding it. I’d also be concerned about what other items should be safety checked on that machine before riding it.

Reactions: EZZ70

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 · (Edited)
Unfortunately the “norm” sucks… I FaceTimed the dealer and showed him the issues, I also asked for Yamahas Western Canada Rep, as I have videos. I will be going through each nut and bolt personally, I don’t trust the dealer or the bike as is…

This easily could have ended up very bad as an injury claim, going 30-40 down the trail and the shock bolts vibrate out… I hate the thought!

PDI was about $300.00, I might ask for a BIG discount on a winch to off-set these issues.

Reactions: Vincent

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
Hey so I just bought a new 2021 Blue Grizzly 700 yesterday, the only one I could find in Western Canda at the moment...

After bringing it home I decided to exchange stock tires with a set of ITP Mud Lites i had, during the swap i discovered all the front shock fastening bolts were just finger tight, coolant was low and soooo many scratches... what the heck, i paid full MSRP for this?
Very disappointing indeed.

·
Registered
337 Posts
I had dealer assembly issues with both my 2010 "cross threaded front rack mount bolt" and my 2011 "throttle cables routed incorrectly" which were relatively minor. I requested/received a copy of the Yamaha assembly manual and checked everything they did just for piece of mind. Your dealer should give you a copy of the assembly manual if requested.
It seems as time goes on things get worst, nobody seems to care. I'd be super pissed on the condition of your new Grizzly.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
I had dealer assembly issues with both my 2010 "cross threaded front rack mount bolt" and my 2011 "throttle cables routed incorrectly" which were relatively minor. I requested/received a copy of the Yamaha assembly manual and checked everything they did just for piece of mind. Your dealer should give you a copy of the assembly manual if requested.
It seems as time goes on things get worst, nobody seems to care. I'd be super pissed on the condition of your new Grizzly.
Ya know what, at first I though, well its just a "Covid Thing", people get complacent etc... but the longer I think about it the more it bothers me as I paid full MSRP plus PDI, Freight, Doc fees, Tire Tax etc, so it would be one thing to get a deal but another to have paid full price for a NEW ATV in this condition, so ya it is really bothering me.

Its also hard to start but that just might the break in, I cant recall my new 2016 hard like this one. By hard I mean 2-3 quick touches of the start button, not one quick touch and away to go.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Get a hold of the Rep and tell him you want the winch for free for doing what the dealer should have done during set up and New Plastic. When I bought my Wifes 2019 Kodiak 450 the cover over the gas tank was scratched from banding. I brought it to there attention before ever leaving the parking lot. A week later I had a new plastic shroud and they told me to keep the old one. For the amount of $$$ these cost they should be put together right the first time and scratch free. These dealers need to be held accountable and I for one wont put up with oh that's good enough when you are spending thousands. Ask the rep if he would buy a new car with scratches and the front a-arm bolts ready to fall off.

Glad you found the issues and Contrats on the new Grizzly.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
The sega continues...

Attachments

·
Registered
337 Posts
Get a hold of the Rep and tell him you want the winch for free for doing what the dealer should have done during set up and New Plastic. When I bought my Wifes 2019 Kodiak 450 the cover over the gas tank was scratched from banding. I brought it to there attention before ever leaving the parking lot. A week later I had a new plastic shroud and they told me to keep the old one. For the amount of $$$ these cost they should be put together right the first time and scratch free. These dealers need to be held accountable and I for one wont put up with oh that's good enough when you are spending thousands. Ask the rep if he would buy a new car with scratches and the front a-arm bolts ready to fall off.

Glad you found the issues and Contrats on the new Grizzly.
The sega continues...
Ditto that, regardless of covid things have been going this way for a long time. Covid is just another excuse, hold them accountable, no excuses, it needs to made right. My 2011 will probably be the last Grizzly I buy.
It's like buying a bag of premium potatoes and they throw in a rotten one and ruin all of them just to save a dollar or two.

Reactions: EZZ70 and Zrt1200

·
Registered
699 Posts
The sega continues...
That's just BS. There is no reason for that at all.

Once this is made right and all done and over with you should share the name of the dealer so fellow riders can be aware of that stealership.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 · (Edited)
That's just BS. There is no reason for that at all.

Once this is made right and all done and over with you should share the name of the dealer so fellow riders can be aware of that stealership.
I certainly will let others know where I purchased it...

Reactions: Zrt1200

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
Super disappointing! I feel for you....

Hopefully in the end you end up with a solid machine....

Reactions: Zrt1200 and EZZ70

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Super disappointing! I feel for you....

Hopefully in the end you end up with a solid machine....
I have not registered the bike yet, on purpose, so if it is not made right I can always dump it off at the dealer :)

Reactions: Zrt1200

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Update: the owner of the deanship called 2 days ago and offered sincere apologies. He also offered to take the bike back if I wanted to and reverse the purchase, unfortunately 2022, if you can get one, will be the same :( Really nice genuine guy who cares about customer service!

Resolution...
  • replacement plastics ordered at dealers cost
  • PDI amount refunded back to me as store credit
  • 15% off winch and mount

·
Grizzled
2014 Yamaha Grizzly 700 EPS
4,106 Posts
That seems like a pretty fair and reasonable offer. Will they also inspect the machine and make sure everything is buttoned up and safe to use?

·
Registered
699 Posts
That seems like a pretty fair and reasonable offer. Will they also inspect the machine and make sure everything is buttoned up and safe to use?
I agree. Seems reasonable. You can use the store credit for Oil & filters (Air/Oil) or the winch

21 - 40 of 45 Posts