Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner
41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
Update: the owner of the deanship called 2 days ago and offered sincere apologies. He also offered to take the bike back if I wanted to and reverse the purchase, unfortunately 2022, if you can get one, will be the same :( Really nice genuine guy who cares about customer service!

Resolution...
  • replacement plastics ordered at dealers cost
  • PDI amount refunded back to me as store credit
  • 15% off winch and mount
Happy to hear the dealership stepped up for you

·
Registered
2021 grizzly 700 eps
18 Posts
I just got my bike back today. I kept calling and they said it wouldn't be ready til today. When I went to get it it was behind a row of other bikes and there's no way it was just finished lately. It hadn't been going in awhile the way it ran when started. They left it outside in the sun for 3.5 weeks. Wasn't too happy. I never leave it outside. The camo seat was faded bad. I put it on the day I took it there. Why can't dealers just make appointments like car dealerships? I won't be just leaving it there again

·
Registered
516 Posts
I don't really think the dealership stepped up to the plate here. At the end of the day, you purchased a new atv at full msrp+fees and was delivered a machine with a quick, half assed setup.

1) Since new atvs are hard to find, they are out nothing by offering a refund as they could likely sell it the next day. Rush it quickly through the shop and nobody is the wiser.
2) The machine should have never left the dealership with marks in the plastic like that, especially in such a highly visible location. Someone must have noticed this, but didn't say anything.
3) The PDI refunded as store credit. It was such a half assed PDI that they have hardly any cost associated with the setup. The PDI should have been refunded if you performed the PDI.
4) There still making money on the winch and mount with 15% off.

At the very least, the dealership should have picked up the machine and performed a thorough and proper PDI. Not here to say whether you'd be entitled to additional items like a winch or accessories.

I guess what I'm saying is the dealership was in a real pickle by being caught and got out of the situation without losing much if any $$$. In addition, the owner went away happy.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
I agree. Seems reasonable. You can use the store credit for Oil & filters (Air/Oil) or the winch
I applied the credit to a new winch :)

Reactions: Zrt1200

·
Registered
2011 Grizzly 550, 2020 Grizzly 700 XT-R
611 Posts
You experienced exactly what I was explaining at the beginning of the thread. Your experience was even worse than mine though. Lazy assembly. None of this stuff happened with my '11. I still would buy the new one again. None of that minor stuff is as bad as the possibility of some huge concealed problem with a 6/7 year old used one, in my opinion.

No joke. I rescued the same guy 3 times (across 2 years) on a trail in NH (I work with the guy so he called me). Twice he swamped his machine, and I mean totally swamped, like never got to kill switch. Once he had something (old rebar, I think, something steel) kick up over one tire and ripped the whole a-arm, and everything else in that area right off the machine. Once in the middle of that, a family of mice made a home in it, and chewed all the wires. The guy fixed it by just twisting wires together and electrical taping it. Last year I saw it listed on a yard sale webpage at top dollar as a gently used and perfectly maintained machine. I know for a fact that he only changed the oil when he swamped it, and never had it maintained.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
You experienced exactly what I was explaining at the beginning of the thread. Your experience was even worse than mine though. Lazy assembly. None of this stuff happened with my '11. I still would buy the new one again. None of that minor stuff is as bad as the possibility of some huge concealed problem with a 6/7 year old used one, in my opinion.

No joke. I rescued the same guy 3 times (across 2 years) on a trail in NH (I work with the guy so he called me). Twice he swamped his machine, and I mean totally swamped, like never got to kill switch. Once he had something (old rebar, I think, something steel) kick up over one tire and ripped the whole a-arm, and everything else in that area right off the machine. Once in the middle of that, a family of mice made a home in it, and chewed all the wires. The guy fixed it by just twisting wires together and electrical taping it. Last year I saw it listed on a yard sale webpage at top dollar as a gently used and perfectly maintained machine. I know for a fact that he only changed the oil when he swamped it, and never had it maintained.
haha, lov'it! :) I had the new Griz out today for the first ride and everything went really well, lov the feel of the ride, I forgot how nice and smooth my 2016 and 2015 drove... I jus cant wait for all my accessories to come in.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Update: the owner of the deanship called 2 days ago and offered sincere apologies. He also offered to take the bike back if I wanted to and reverse the purchase, unfortunately 2022, if you can get one, will be the same :( Really nice genuine guy who cares about customer service!

Resolution...
  • replacement plastics ordered at dealers cost
  • PDI amount refunded back to me as store credit
  • 15% off winch and mount

Even though those issues never should have happened that's some pretty good customer service.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
Even though those issues never should have happened that's some pretty good customer service.
I agree, in my opinion, I think I received honest, time sensitive and caring customer service and that in-itself is of value and rare these days.

Reactions: Zrt1200 and Vincent

·
Premium Member
5,837 Posts
Wow, tough times for customers, and most likely dealers also with no product to sell.

If you have a good dealer, consider throwing some service bucks their way or you might loose them.

Reactions: EZZ70

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
Wow, tough times for customers, and most likely dealers also with no product to sell.

If you have a good dealer, consider throwing some service bucks their way or you might loose them.
Yes sir, I will be getting all my stuff or as much as possible through this deanship. I am very happy with how things worked out...

·
Registered
707 Posts
Yes sir, I will be getting all my stuff or as much as possible through this deanship. I am very happy with how things worked out...
Did you ever get your new plastics??

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
Reactions: Rinspeed

·
Registered
707 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
Good Deal, Glad to hear it. Show us a Pic of your new toy.
Will do for sure, just fishing up some accessories, it in pieces right now hahah

Reactions: Zrt1200
41 - 55 of 55 Posts