·
Registered
709 Posts
Looks real good.

T

·
0 Posts
Did u go with wides all way around??

Looks good, we just put the same tires and rims on my wifes Grizzly 550 a few weeks ago.. They are great tires, only thing I noticed is they run about 1" shorter than stated.. Our 28" only measure 27" tall from floor to top of tread.. How did yours measure out?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
they measured a little over 27". went wides all around. i was suprised that it steers so much better that my 26" mayhems. took them for a little spin in the snow and was happy with what i saw so far. cant wait to get them in the mud. im hope to use low in the muck and not have to mess with the clutch. the motor is bored, and has after market exhast so theres plenty of power.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hey, I have a question for you. I Just picked up a set of these, only the 9's and 11's. the 11's measure 26" and the 9's measure 27.25". these are unmounted measurements. Are they going to change that much when mounted and inflated?

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
I have a 660 with the same wheels and plan to get the same tires except skinnies in front. So now I know what it's going to look like. Thanks for the pics, it looks good.

·
Registered
274 Posts
looks good!!

P

·
0 Posts
Yes they will measure differently when mounted with air in them. Anyone had these in any mud yet?

·
Registered
566 Posts
I've had mine in a little bit of mud. With the old tires, I bottomed out a little, and in less I had some speed or in 4wd, I would get hung up, then would need 4wd and some rocking to get it out. With these on, I can go thru in 2wd not even trying, just like driving down the trail. I stopped in the middle, nailed it and didn't spin too much, just took off. I can't wait for warm weather to get here to try them out in the deep mud.

T

·
0 Posts
Yes they will measure differently when mounted with air in them. Anyone had these in any mud yet?

Yea went through a seat deep hole last weekend and they worked really well.. They dont paddle as well Backs, Laws, Terms but they dig in and try to find the bottom everytime..

I was able to get it out of a seat deep hole with very soft bottm and nothing to really grab. It took alittle bit of work, but made it through just fine.

These seem to be a great "all-around" mud tire, they ride good on hardpack, handle very well, and good in the muddy stuff..

If you are just riding hardcore mud,, get the Backs, Laws, Terms.. Personally I think these tires rate above Zillas, mudlites, swamplites, etc,,,, but below the "true" mud paddle type tires..

They rubber compound also seems to be very durable. And the side walls seem to be sturdy as well.. Overall I personaly really like these tires on our Grizzly 550eps. We have 28x9x12 and 28x11x12.:happy:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
have never used backs, laws or,terms, so cant comment on those. i do feel that if you are a mudder, but dont want to commit to lifts, snorkles, and the loss of trail riding these tires are it.

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
So I have them mounted up now. The 11's now measure to 27" bang on and the 9's ended up at 27.625". I guess they'll be OK.
Are those 27s or 28s? How wide are your rear wheels?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm so glad to finally find a post that has valuable info on these tires. I'm about to order the 28s for my bigbear and I wanted to know how they measured up and if they can hold up in thick mud.. This was very helpful

·
Registered
720 Posts
I am trying decide between these and the zillas in a 27" or a 28" for my sons Grizzly 450. Probably a 27" but since they both run short, possibly a 28. Anybody know what the weight difference is between the two (zilla and mayhem)? The 450 has a two inch lift on it so 27" should fit no problem but not sure about 28"???

P

·
0 Posts
I liked the zillas I had on mine. I would go with 28s if I got them again.

·
Registered
720 Posts
I liked the zillas I had on mine. I would go with 28s if I got them again.
Skinny/ wides?? ie 9's and 11's ?? or 11's all the way around?

P

·
0 Posts
I had skinny wides and my friend with same bike and same set up had all skinnies. His would slide better around corners an break loose better. Mine would get better grip in the mud an I could go further an more places than he could. He was a pro moto cross racer before and I didn't have a problem keeping up with him on the trails he could just slide around the corners better. I would go with skinny wide.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts