Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i am looking for advice on any of the items i have built up in a pile for my 2014 Grizzly 700. I know there are post on all these items but thought maybe i could get the advice on one page. I have front and rear Moose bumpers (I read they can be a bear) 3000lb warn winch with syn rope to install, hoping the bumper and winch will work, yamaha grizzly rack extenders, pretty simple don't foresee any issues with those. Meier fender flares, wondering should i silicone between them and plastics, rox foot pegs, bolts don't line up, and an optimizer exhaust combo. Exhaust is new, optimizer was given to me from a guy that bought for his stock exhaust and didn't like what it did to his ride. Will probably need to be adjusted. I guess where to start is the main thing. My wallet is empty so may as well wrench! Thanks in advance for anything that will save me headaches

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Nice batch of stuff! Seems like all should be pretty much bolt on, with a little tugging and cussing probably. I don't think there is any reason for silicone with the fender flares. I didn't use any on mine, just held them in place, got a couple bolts in, then drilled the rest and bolted them up. Piece of cake. Have fun!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Progress so far, new rear rack installed because old one was bent in a roll over, new front and rear rack extenders, fender flares, 3000lb syn winch, hitch mount, and pegs. Still have another pile to go and waiting on tires and wheels that should be done today!

Attachments

·
Just wanna ride!!
5,518 Posts
Looks like you have a great start start to your Griz! I’ve removed and reinstalled both front and rear Moose bumpers. I don’t see you having any problems there. The winch will work fine with the Moose bumper. No on silicone. Don’t know about the foot legs. Maybe call Rox? I don’t have any experience with the exhaust and optimizer. EHS Racing might have some advice for you. And finally, pick a spot and dig in! I was going to suggest doing the winch before the bumper (although not necessary) but it looks like you already did. Looking forward to more progress pics!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I did actually get the Rox Foot pegs installed. I had to drill out the factory rivets and drill 4 1/4" holes to mount them. They make a tremendous difference for your feet stability. Will install wheels tonight and post pics of that.

·
Registered
16 Posts
What kind of rear hitch did you get. Been meaning to get one but didn't like the version that uses U-bolts to secure to the vertical frame as I read they tend to crush the tubing frame when you tighten...

·
Premium Member
2,206 Posts
I have a lot of the same mods and all seem to work good together with minor adjustments like a little drilling for the pegs but well worth the work IMO.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The hitch is a Moose and you use the original 4 bolts from the factory hitch and framework from rear rack to bolt it on. Took a bit to get the bolts back in place behind the hitch but the right combo of socket, wobble extension, and flex head ratchet worked perfectly.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
New Hurricane wheels installed finally, it's all coming together. Just have the HMF performance exhaust and optimizer to install and everything will be complete until i get the skid plates and new suspension later this year. 20180313_190653_1521432686050.jpg

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts