Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I having been skimming these forums for months and finally joined when I broke an axle. I searched forever it seemed and nought 4 new niche axles. So far I have installed the rear today. And put it back together. The angles look steep. What are you all thoughts. Quad is a 2007 grizzly 700 with power steering, 2 inch lift, I have stock and a set of 31 inch outlaws. Which is probably what broke the axle. Dunno. Bought the bike from an older man bike has 600 miles on it runs like a top. I put it together and fired it up without the suspension hooked up and ran it in gear and the a arms do not lift or move. I'm guessing I'm ok but not sure. Sorry so long winded.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
10,646 Posts
Welcome from Colorado.
The angle will be different with the bike on the ground, but this gives you a look at what's happening while the bike's in the air.
Keep an eye on the diff seals for weeping, as there might be a slight diameter difference from the old to the new axles and the old seals can have slight wear. I had a slight weep with the new axle.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome from Colorado.
The angle will be different with the bike on the ground, but this gives you a look at what's happening while the bike's in the air.
Keep an eye on the diff seals for weeping, as there might be a slight diameter difference from the old to the new axles and the old seals can have slight wear. I had a slight weep with the new axle.
Forgot to mention. I replaced the seals, wheel bearings and brakes. Going to do all fluids as well

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
936 Posts
I installed those axles on the rear of my 2012 700 without a lift. The boots seem pretty tight even at stock ride height. It will be interesting to see how they hold up with a lift. I tore a boot on the first ride and still have not been able to source a replacement. Stock boots don't fit and neither does All Balls. The axle is still torn apart on my bench from October. One of these days I'll get around to sourcing one. I replaced the axle since I was in a time crunch to get running again. Please let us know if you have any issues down the line.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I installed those axles on the rear of my 2012 700 without a lift. The boots seem pretty tight even at stock ride height. It will be interesting to see how they hold up with a lift. I tore a boot on the first ride and still have not been able to source a replacement. Stock boots don't fit and neither does All Balls. The axle is still torn apart on my bench from October. One of these days I'll get around to sourcing one. I replaced the axle since I was in a time crunch to get running again. Please let us know if you have any issues down the line.
Contact niche for the boot

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
936 Posts
Contact niche for the boot

I did and they told me that they don't sell the boots. I asked for a source and was told they don't have one.... Really helpful. I read about another member that had one tear on his first ride and he got a new axle. I guess it depends on who's answering the customer service email account that day. Maybe I'll reach out again.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I did and they told me that they don't sell the boots. I asked for a source and was told they don't have one.... Really helpful. I read about another member that had one tear on his first ride and he got a new axle. I guess it depends on who's answering the customer service email account that day. Maybe I'll reach out again.
Then go to an auto store, often times they will find a match for you.

·
Registered
5,543 Posts
Geo Metro automotive boot. Should fit fine. I know for a fact they fit the Heavy Duty axles they sell for the 660.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Geo Metro automotive boot. Should fit fine. I know for a fact they fit the Heavy Duty axles they sell for the 660.
Im pretty sure those axles and boots are a different diameter because HS 660 axles are 25% thicker while the 700 axles are stock dia.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts