Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a 2013 Grizzly 700 with low miles that did a lot of sitting its life. Made the decision to pull the trigger on a grizzly from reading this forum as non member how much praise everyone had for their grizzly's. Now, just need opinions from members. Besides changing the oil what are some things I should do before really riding it since it sat for so long. Bike has 165 miles on it. Thanks in advance!

·
Premium Member
3,764 Posts
Congratulations and welcome.

I think I'd change out all the fluids. Maybe not necessary but it'd make me feel better if it were mine.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Welcome from a fellow texan!

·
Premium Member
3,165 Posts
Welcome 2 GC.

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
Welcome from Missouri. Nice find!

·
Just wanna ride!!
5,541 Posts
I agree with Grumpy. All fluids and check everything over. Service the air filter also. And welcome to GC from north of the river.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Welcome to GC, enjoy your new ride and be safe!

·
Premium Member
12,130 Posts
Welcome from Colorado.
X-4 on above, then raise the pulley ratio, add O'G.'s, a winch and ride it like it's someone else's.

·
Premium Member
2,289 Posts
Welcome to GC from Tn. Don't forget to grease the rear knuckle bushings while your at it.

Reactions: okbear

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Appreciate all the replies! So far I've flushed coolant, oil change, both diffs, and new spark plug. Air filter is a K&N and it was still clean. Waiting for the clutch grease to come in and I'm gonna take it apart and see if it needsnew grease. I'll have to look into hitting that rear knuckle, not familiar with it. But gonna figure it out!

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Just bought a 2013 Grizzly 700 with low miles that did a lot of sitting its life. Made the decision to pull the trigger on a grizzly from reading this forum as non member how much praise everyone had for their grizzly's. Now, just need opinions from members. Besides changing the oil what are some things I should do before really riding it since it sat for so long. Bike has 165 miles on it. Thanks in advance!
Welcome to GC from Maine! I think everybody else pretty much covered it, so, enjoy!

·
Grizzled
2014 Yamaha Grizzly 700 EPS
4,086 Posts
Welcome to GC.

·
Just wanna ride!!
5,541 Posts
Appreciate all the replies! So far I've flushed coolant, oil change, both diffs, and new spark plug. Air filter is a K&N and it was still clean. Waiting for the clutch grease to come in and I'm gonna take it apart and see if it needsnew grease. I'll have to look into hitting that rear knuckle, not familiar with it. But gonna figure it out!
Sounds like you have it covered. FYI... In the past, members have reported fine dust getting past the K&N air filters. I don’t have personal experience with this issue but when I first came here asking these questions I was told that Uni filters and the stock filters do a better job. I have been running Uni every since and haven’t seen so much as a speck of dust in my air intake.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts