Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've got over 2000 miles on mine with the square tire setup. I've been really impressed with the zilla's so far. I haven't had to plug any of the tires or add tire slime. I've used them on almost every terrain but sand and slick rock. Overall they work great. They're the best set of stock tires I've ever owned on any atv. They're a light tire....probably much lighter than what ever tire you're going to pick to replace them. I see absolutely no reason I won't get at least 5000 miles out of them. I run about 5 psi and they ride great. I don't understand why guys want to immediately get rid of these tires without trying them first. On slick and wet trail conditions I can run off and leave my friends. If you ride a lot of pavement or hard pack maybe I could see getting rid of them, but for most trail conditions, especially if its wet they'll be your best friend. I had a chance to run them in some snow last weekend and I thought they did well too. Good luck with whatever you purchase.
Totally agree! Man, my stock tires have been awesome. Brimstone was nothing but sharp ass rocks...not one issue!

·
Registered
80 Posts
One tire I may consider replacing the stock Zilla with is a Reptile in 28x10. This will give me the rim protection I want, slightly more clearance, and a more trail-oriented tire. But they will weigh about 10 pounds per tire more!

So far the Zilla is ok. It’s a little vague handling up front, and not as crisp on turn-in. I still want to see how it does holding a line with muddy ruts. If it doesn’t slip sideways, I may run these a long time before switching.

·
Registered
2021 Grizzly SE, 2018 Kodiak 700 SE
144 Posts
I have a little over 1300 miles on my Zillas now and I am impressed. They show little to no wear and seam to work well everywhere. I am not sure what I would replace them with as I don’t want a heavy tire.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I run the stock 14 square zillas a little hard pack, sand, tree roots, black top I'm 70 don't do the hard fast kinda like soft and medium. Shocks and increased tire pressure will do most anything in the way but extreme mud.

·
Registered
2021 Yamaha Grizzly 700 XTR plus coffee holder
51 Posts
Greetings! I’m getting ready to pick up a 2021 Grizzly 700 and really like the SE and the XTR as the colors are better than the EPS models imo, but I’m not crazy on the 14 square wheel setup...unless I’m overthinking things?? I’m thinking the wider front wheels would turn harder and ride rougher as they are simply hitting more things. We ride hard and fast in west va with some mud holes (my kid would be riding the grizzly the most and I would be sometimes). Seems the wider front tires would cover you with a lot more mud and water also???Am I way off base or no???

I’ve had numerous atv’s the past 10 years (with 12 and 14” wheels) and the last 4 years I’ve been in a sxs mostly...in my experience, 26x14 wheels and tires on atv’s didn’t do well...had way too many sidewall cuts (bighorns). I think you need 27” on 14”wheels to get more sidewall (west va trails can be roughs near rocky).

The zillas on the SE and the XTR would be sold immediately as they are not my kind of tire....so then I’m stuck with trying to find appropriate trail tires 27x14 size...which is harder than it appears....or I could sell the entire stock wheel and zilla combo right away and get aftermarket wheels (14x7 wide) and then run 27x9x14’s...I’m guessing aftermarket 5+2 wheels will increase the width of the machine though??

What would 27x9x14’s fit like on the stock rims which are 14x8” wide??? I’m not sure about 9” wide wheels on the rear when most every atv I’ve ridden has had 10-11” wide rear wheels. Or try and find 27x9x14 fronts and 27x11x14 rears? Anyone done that either the stock rims?

If I’m wrong on the handling characteristics of the wider front tires on the square setup (27x10x14) then it doesn’t really matter and we could get the SE and be done with it. Who knew tires and wheels would such an issue with an atv??? 32x10x14’s on my sxs all around and I’m good :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I ran into similar issues. These are 9's all the way around on 8 inch factory rims and work perfectly but the guy putting them on had a hell of a time. Lol. Zillas don't work for me and never have. Push to hard in the corners at higher speeds riding on the center inch of the tire.
Tire Wheel Plant Vehicle Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire

21 - 25 of 25 Posts