Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've got over 2000 miles on mine with the square tire setup. I've been really impressed with the zilla's so far. I haven't had to plug any of the tires or add tire slime. I've used them on almost every terrain but sand and slick rock. Overall they work great. They're the best set of stock tires I've ever owned on any atv. They're a light tire....probably much lighter than what ever tire you're going to pick to replace them. I see absolutely no reason I won't get at least 5000 miles out of them. I run about 5 psi and they ride great. I don't understand why guys want to immediately get rid of these tires without trying them first. On slick and wet trail conditions I can run off and leave my friends. If you ride a lot of pavement or hard pack maybe I could see getting rid of them, but for most trail conditions, especially if its wet they'll be your best friend. I had a chance to run them in some snow last weekend and I thought they did well too. Good luck with whatever you purchase.
Totally agree! Man, my stock tires have been awesome. Brimstone was nothing but sharp ass rocks...not one issue!

·
Registered
28 Posts
One tire I may consider replacing the stock Zilla with is a Reptile in 28x10. This will give me the rim protection I want, slightly more clearance, and a more trail-oriented tire. But they will weigh about 10 pounds per tire more!

So far the Zilla is ok. It’s a little vague handling up front, and not as crisp on turn-in. I still want to see how it does holding a line with muddy ruts. If it doesn’t slip sideways, I may run these a long time before switching.

·
Registered
2021 Grizzly SE, 2018 Kodiak 700 SE
132 Posts
I have a little over 1300 miles on my Zillas now and I am impressed. They show little to no wear and seam to work well everywhere. I am not sure what I would replace them with as I don’t want a heavy tire.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts