Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey gang!!

We have 2 grizzly 700's.
2007 eps and a 2011 base model. The '07 is basically new in every way. Loved it so much we got a second one... the 2011 is low mileage, 3,150mi, but has been beat on pretty hard. The engine runs well. Having some noise from the clutch case area and it is disengaging while stopping at low speed. The brakes are all but gone. So on and so on. Needs some real TLC. So I'm starting off with going through the machine from front to back, top to bottom.
I'm overwhelmed by all the different threads here and elsewhere!!!

Questions...

1. Where to start after doing routine maintenance?

2. Whats the best way to set up the suspension for just good overall use. A little bit of everything.

3. Thanks in advance for any and all good advice and help in our grizzly journey!!

·
Premium Member
12,794 Posts
Make sure it will stop is my first recommendation :)
Go into the c.v.t. cover and let us know what you find, count the pulley ratio and we can tell you if its stock or not.
Pictures will help us help you.
I have my suspension set to stiff with high tire air pressure for fast travel over rocks, I can always let air out if desired.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Having some noise from the clutch case area and it is disengaging while stopping at low speed. The brakes are all but gone. So on and so on. Needs some real TLC. So I'm starting off with going through the machine from front to back, top to bottom.
I'm overwhelmed by all the different threads here and elsewhere!!!

Questions...

1. Where to start after doing routine maintenance?

2. Whats the best way to set up the suspension for just good overall use. A little bit of everything.

3. Thanks in advance for any and all good advice and help in our grizzly journey!!
Congrats on your Grizzlies! If you're clutch system is disengaging at low speeds and you're getting noise, it's likely that you will need to replace the one-way bearing that provides the engine braking. If you're in there for a CVT service, the one-way replacement is just a couple steps farther. Otherwise you're removing all the CVT stuff to do the one-way later.

Reactions: JeffD

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Congrats on your Grizzlies! If you're clutch system is disengaging at low speeds and you're getting noise, it's likely that you will need to replace the one-way bearing that provides the engine braking. If you're in there for a CVT service, the one-way replacement is just a couple steps farther. Otherwise you're removing all the CVT stuff to do the one-way later.
Thanks for the info!!
I'm new to the atv stuff and learning almost every day!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts