Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Hi! Congrats on the new Grizz!! I got my '19 SE this winter and didn't like the looks of the intake set-up. I did my research and found that my bike could run better if I listened to Eric @ EHS lol. I took off the HMF gear that was on the bike when I bought it, and went with the EHS programmer, EHS intake mod, EHS air box lid and Barker's exhaust. I also went to a colder 9-series spark plug and my bike runs BETTER, runs COOLER, and runs HAPPIER. Made a drastic difference in how the bike runs and sounds, no mush at the beginning of throttle, wayyyyy more linear throttle response all the way through, snappier, way less popping on decel, etc. It costs me more loot, and I had to do get in there and do some work, but it was fun and helped make the winter less-boring working in the garage. Now my bike runs the way it should, no lean condition and crappy feel. My bike runs STRONGGG. BIGups EHS Racing!!

Nice to hear that. Did you find that with the EHS intake lid the bike became louder because of the intake. The intake on the grizzly is already loud as it is and I don’t want to make it louder. If it doesn’t though I will definitely do this mod as it is good to give the engine more air. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
1,886 Posts
Nice to hear that. Did you find that with the EHS intake lid the bike became louder because of the intake. The intake on the grizzly is already loud as it is and I don’t want to make it louder. If it doesn’t though I will definitely do this mod as it is good to give the engine more air. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks.
Yes if you open up the intake like that right above the filter, you will hear it more. Others won't really notice it over the exhaust sound, but sitting on the seat, it's definitely a bit louder since it's drawing air in right under the seat not just up at the front end of the intake tube.
I made my own modified airbox cover using frogskin. It's more noticeable for sure. Also, the old butt Dyno says it's changed the throttle response a bit making it snappier with the additional air.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
75 Posts
I was going to purchase a 2018 grizzly and thank god I didn’t, these weren’t the best ones to have, so I purchased a 2018 can am outlander 1000 and I have some minor issues at the start but it’s been flawless since four years later, the can am around my area are all flawless with some of them with over 10000 miles and still going strong, don’t get me wrong Yamaha is the best brand too have but some people just want more. I ride my can am as hard as my grizzly and it’s been great bike so far. I will be buying another grizzly soon for my wife because it’s a better all around atv to have

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I was going to purchase a 2018 grizzly and thank god I didn’t, these weren’t the best ones to have, so I purchased a 2018 can am outlander 1000 and I have some minor issues at the start but it’s been flawless since four years later, the can am around my area are all flawless with some of them with over 10000 miles and still going strong, don’t get me wrong Yamaha is the best brand too have but some people just want more. I ride my can am as hard as my grizzly and it’s been great bike so far. I will be buying another grizzly soon for my wife because it’s a better all around atv to have
I loved my 21 outlander 850 xt but it felt so heavy in the tight rocky trails where I ride most.. and all that power was useless until I got to a fire road but it sure was fun then.. both bikes are great but for me it’s the grizzly for how and where I ride . I think it’s more of a do it all type bike.. if I could afford both I would though lol

·
Registered
75 Posts
Yes they are heavy and not for everyone, I do lots of railroad beds and logging roads, so lots of heavy throttle and that’s why I love the can am but when I go bird hunting I take my grizzly for slow ridding but even then my grizzly tank starts boiling and drives me crazy

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Yes they are heavy and not for everyone, I do lots of railroad beds and logging roads, so lots of heavy throttle and that’s why I love the can am but when I go bird hunting I take my grizzly for slow ridding but even then my grizzly tank starts boiling and drives me crazy
Not sure what it’s called but I saw a video awhile back on you tube and buddy had that issue and it was the gas line under the seat it was clogged full of mud witch caused pressure in the tank.. my grizzly is only a week old and haven’t had it out much so it hasn’t happened to me yet.. I will say it rides rougher then I thought it would but it may be a good thing as I bottomed out my outlander all the darn time errr if I had a new that the xt shocks were that bad I would of gotten the xtp.. live and learn lol

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
I’ll check that out for sure, my outlander did bottom out lots also and I purchased elka’s stage 3 and bike now is a total different animal
I had my outlanders frame bent to shit and I do not ride like a mad man I look after my bikes that mad me very mad and why they wouldn’t give you skids under the rear diff is just stupid.. I got the grizzly full skids so I’m not taking any chances lol these things are crazy pricy here in Canada .. best of luck buddy

·
Registered
407 Posts
Hey folks I’m new to the forum and I was hoping I can get some help. All be picking up my new 2022 grizzly eps se this week and I been seeing a lot of complants about dirt getting by the filter and people having issues with popping sound from the ais .. is this stuff still happening to the 22 model years and do I need to get my stock bike tuned right away? I prefer to just leave things stock and ride it like it is .. I traded my 21 outlander xt in for a grizzly because of reliability now I’m reading all this stuff .. has me a little concerned .. any feedback is much appreciated thanks folks
The only thing you should do is stuff a rag or small towel between the rear of the air filter element and the air filter housing. This will keep it firmly in place. It's a bit of a poor design and the filter sags a little if you don't put something there. You will see what I mean when you open your airbox. You have the best machine in the business.

·
Registered
2019 Yamaha Grizzly 700 EPS SE
37 Posts
Hi! The EHS airbox lid does make the intake "road" a little louder....I liken it to installing something like a K&N cold air intake on a car/truck......it's just a throatier sound. I don't have any problems with it because I really only hear it under acceleration and when cruisin' you can't tell.

Riding my bike without the EHS Racing / Barker's mods, then getting to ride after the mods......WOW! I wouldn't even consider going back. My Grizzly runs better than stock, all the way around, no ifs, ands or buts about it.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts