Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys.
So I've been a Can Am owner since 2010, while it's been good to me, thought I'd turn a new page on something new, and I went and bought a '15 Grizz Matte Black the other day.
I really like the machine.
The kids can have the Can Am.
I'm glad I made the decision.
Now to do some mods over the winter.

Seeing that I'm new to the site, just wanted to say what's up, and if anyone has any tips, info or advice you can give me right off the bat, I'd be glad to hear it!

See ya around.

·
Registered
858 Posts
Welcome from Edmonton!

You will be happy with your Grizzly. When you are new you get a lot of people suggesting the search function because pretty much every question has been asked and answered before. The truth is that the search function kinda sucks. Best way to find info is to google your question and add 'grizzly central' to the query. It will come up with a list of answers from this site. Almost everything that applies to the 07-13 700's will apply to your machine as well with the exception of dual exhaust and a need for wheel spacers.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah that was one of the things I was just asking a buddy about. I hadn't seen much about a few things whether or not they apply to the 15's. Thanks for the reply!

Sent from my SM-N915W8 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,073 Posts
Welcome to GC.

·
Registered
106 Posts
welcome from SE Saskatchewan!

·
Premium Member
9,489 Posts
Welcome from Colorado.
Put on some miles and let us know what you want to change.

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
Welcome to GC from BC

·
Registered
73 Posts
Welcome, from another Canuck in BC. get out and ride, then figure out what you want to mod or change, then you'll see bang for the buck. good tires probly be the best bet right off the hop.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah. In hindsight I made a poor decision for my tires on the can am. I chose 30" X-lites which eventually I realized that they just weren't my ride style. But I think my plan of attack is:

28" Zilla's (Stock rims for now and get Black Ops SS316 wheels later)

- Rox 5" Riser with the Fly Aero CR Hi Bend
- Power Madd handguards
- 1.5 Shim mod ( not sure what spring yet)
- Frontier low profile storage box for rear
-Moose front and rear
- cubes or single bar in front. (Still unsure)
- swap out stock headlights for the LED's I saw guys doing in the forum

I was thinking about a JBS Sheave but I'd like to try out the shim and spring first.

Most of this stuff I guess is the usual things everyone does but I gotta say, some of you guys have some great ideas.

Sent from my SM-N915W8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
278 Posts
Welcome from the east cost , once you start with the mods you can't stop . I'm sure you will enjoy your bike

1 - 12 of 12 Posts