Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Grizzly 660
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I was not right there when he mounted the tires so I am not sure. He does a lot of ATV tires and is pretty experienced. I would assume he tried what he could. I think either way it's still to narrow of a tire. Just chalk it up to a learning experience. I do appreciate your help. Will post a pic when I get the 9s on the front.

·
Registered
944 Posts
Yeah i worked in tire industry for over 10 years, atv tires were always a pain to do, i got good at them because nobody ekse wanted to do them. Even when i was manager, i would still go out and do atv tires or balance difficult mud tires and the very high end cars.
Lots of tricks for mounting and dismounting atv tires

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2005 Grizzly 660
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
That's cool. You know the tricks of the trade. I don't know much beyond what size fits what. That's the reason for my 'whaaaaaat' on my front tire/wheel issue. Just the way ITP SS are made I guess. Have a great Thursday.

·
Premium Member
805 Posts
For what it's worth my 2013 700 has the exact same tire on it and it looks exactly like your photo with the exception of a lot of rock rash (ya think). I have over 5000 miles on that set up with no problem, other than rock rash on the rims. I did the same on my 2004 660, look the same as the photo and had 3000 miles on rims and tires without a problem.

Reactions: JD4020

·
Registered
2005 Grizzly 660
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
No kidding. Thanks for letting me know. I thought I had done something wrong. Wrong wheels, tires ect. The more I looked at it I noticed that the tires are sealed up to the edge of the rim. The SS wheels have a big lip around the od. So not as bad as it looks. Thanks for the info.

·
Premium Member
5,824 Posts
Clean garages and skinny cooks always makes me go.......hmmmmmmm.

Reactions: JD4020

·
Registered
2021 Yamaha Grizzly 700 XTR plus coffee holder
28 Posts
Never seen that before. I think your right, bead is not seated. I just put 27×9×14 all the way around on my 21 xtr. These are also 8 inch factory rims all the way around and these new tires did not seat easily. I was hesitant about putting 9s all the way around but Yamaha put me in weird place with the XTR set up. I knew what I was getting into but I don't want bubble 10 inch tires all the way around. Its a weird spot to be in because I have been running big skinny tires for years all the way around on Outlander XMR and Defender XMR as well as other UTVs. The problem is these are 30 inch plus tires I was running on these machines and there are a variety of choices. 27 inch and under you don't have a lot of options.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts