Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's up GC? Just picked up a new grizzly and figured I'd join that site. Sadly my quads that the dealer because of the diff lock not engaging but that seams like a common problem. Anyways here's some pictures and can't wait to get it back and start riding.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,286 Posts
Welcome from Colorado.

·
Premium Member
7,390 Posts
Hey..Pinch_O_Grizz_85...Welcome to GC from Wisconsin..

·
Premium Member
3,069 Posts
Welcome to GC, congrats on the griz.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Congrats on the new machine! You'll love the 16 Grizz and being a member here. Lots of info and people willing to help.

As for the diff lock not engaging I honestly don't think it's a common problem. I've been a grizzly owner for 12 years and have had several buddies own them too with no issues with the diff lock. What it is I believe is most people aren't familiar with the proper procedure for it.

Anytime u are engaging diff lock, after pressing the button, give it a little bit of throttle then let out and make sure the light is on solid and not flashing. That's usually all it takes to properly engage. To disengage it do the same thing and also you can turn the bars back and forth a tad that also seems to help it unlock.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thanks for all the welcomes. I did get my quad back from the dealer last week. They replaced the servo motor and the display and it ended up fixing the issue. Not to just get her out there and broke in!!!

·
Premium Member
789 Posts
Congrats on the new machine! You'll love the 16 Grizz and being a member here. Lots of info and people willing to help.

As for the diff lock not engaging I honestly don't think it's a common problem. I've been a grizzly owner for 12 years and have had several buddies own them too with no issues with the diff lock. What it is I believe is most people aren't familiar with the proper procedure for it.

Anytime u are engaging diff lock, after pressing the button, give it a little bit of throttle then let out and make sure the light is on solid and not flashing. That's usually all it takes to properly engage. To disengage it do the same thing and also you can turn the bars back and forth a tad that also seems to help it unlock.
does'nt sound like this was your problem , and I agree its rare to have diff lock failure. Glad your dealer got the defective parts changed for you !
I twist my handlebars left and right to engage my diff lock. No throttle , because it slaps the gears when it catches.. But YES either way , make sure it is locked in , solid light , before giving her the beans !

·
Registered
587 Posts
does'nt sound like this was your problem , and I agree its rare to have diff lock failure. Glad your dealer got the defective parts changed for you !
I twist my handlebars left and right to engage my diff lock. No throttle , because it slaps the gears when it catches.. But YES either way , make sure it is locked in , solid light , before giving her the beans !
I've never had any gear slapping during engaging or disengaging. I'm not talking gas it hard. Just enough to make the tires roll forward a couple inches very slowly.

To the OP, glad to hear the dealer took care of u, that's pretty rare to have a servo issue right out of the gate.

·
Premium Member
789 Posts
I've never had any gear slapping during engaging or disengaging. I'm not talking gas it hard. Just enough to make the tires roll forward a couple inches very slowly.

To the OP, glad to hear the dealer took care of u, that's pretty rare to have a servo issue right out of the gate.
I hear ya , I have done the same , lol. My problem is I get too antsy , and end up giving it too much throttle once in awhile (my brain just says go) , and end up being a bit hard on the gears when it locks.. mostly ,,,, no, ALL my fault.
Over the years I forced myself to just twist bars left and right to lock it instead.. seems to work better for my hyper ass.
I guess it depends on how much self control you have ,, as for me , I just cant stop myself from punching that gas , and I needed to avoid doing that when I locked my diff.. So no gas it is for me.. lol

1 - 16 of 16 Posts