Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Couldn't pass on this deal. Runs pretty darn good for a 1992 and definitely different than the Moto 4. No cracks or chips in the plastics and seat is good. Came with an aftermarket Cobra exhaust, which is a bit loud, but the youngest said it sounds cool. 1/2 hour clean-up when I returned home. Needs a set of tires and a rear brake cable. Another project.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,540 Posts
Nice find. They don't make em like that anymore.
That's the first year of the Timberwolf 250. Racks were optional that year in the US, standard across the board in Canada.
Those were built old school tough and reliable, lasting years with minimal maintenance. Definitely a step above the 225/250 Moto 4.

Reactions: 1998Grizzly

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
Congrats on another great purchase ! Quite the old school atv fleet you got there!

·
Registered
936 Posts
You're starting a nice vintage collection. Looks like a nice clean machine. Looking forward to some family ride pics.

·
Registered
370 Posts
And he does it again. Nice find! I rode a Timberwolf a whole summer at a friend's cabin. Pretty tough machine. Congrats for the nice addition to your Yamaha collection!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Started to tear her down a bit to get her cleaned up. Looks like it won't be that bad.

Attachments

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Did some sand blasting and a little polishing.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
Wow, Gettner done!

·
Premium Member
2,196 Posts
Wow what a nice little wolf!! I'm glad to see you keeping these vintage rides going. I'm into older cars and it's very similar hobby. I have restored a Moto-225 and a Honda 200sx and had a lot of fun doing it.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Wow what a nice little wolf!! I'm glad to see you keeping these vintage rides going. I'm into older cars and it's very similar hobby. I have restored a Moto-225 and a Honda 200sx and had a lot of fun doing it.
Love to see some pics of your Moto 4. Post them up on my "New to the Barn #1".

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
Hope you score some front and rear racks for her.
They look kinda naked without them.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hope you score some front and rear racks for her.
They look kinda naked without them.
Working on it. Found one of each, but the distance is a bit too far at the moment. Iowa and Illinois.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

Was able to get some work done on the Timberwolf. Not sure if I should have painted the front wheel black or left it. I think I like it.

Attachments

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

Seat is done. Just thinking I need to get a stencil for the Yamaha logo.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

New shoes on and she is ready to go. Went with 23's from the stock 22"s.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts