Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All

After a 10 year gap of no ATV I ordered a new Grizzly on Saturday.
I have had 3 Outlanders previously and really wanted to try something different.

2018 Blue EPS with the aluminum wheels.

Dealer is installing a 3500# Provantage/synthetic and front heavy duty bumper.

I plan to change the tires to a great radial and then.......????

Its gonna be fun getting back on the trails.

Ken

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
@Jeeper1st, welcome to GC from Maine. Great choice on the Grizz.

·
Premium Member
3,102 Posts
Welcome 2 GC, congrats on the griz.

·
Premium Member
2,202 Posts
Welcome to GC from Tn. and welcome back to riding! Lets see some pics of the new beast when you get er home.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Welcome from Missouri enjoy your new ride and be safe!

·
Just wanna ride!!
5,518 Posts
Welcome to GC and congrats!! Make sure to check how they tap into power for that winch switch. Dealers are bad about using those cheap wire taps.

Reactions: Jeeper1st

·
Premium Member
1,693 Posts
Welcome from VA and congrats on your new Grizzly. I haven't ever ridden a BRP, however I am a repeat Grizzly buyer, ha. Enjoy your new Grizzly, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.
Cheers

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Welcome to GC and congrats!! Make sure to check how they tap into power for that winch switch. Dealers are bad about using those cheap wire taps.

So what should I ask for here? How do you guys tap my power? do you use quality materials?
thanks

·
Just wanna ride!!
5,518 Posts
So what should I ask for here? How do you guys tap my power? do you use quality materials?
thanks
There’s a pigtail available that plugs into the plug for your accessory outlet under the “hood”. It gives you extra wires that can then be soldered to. New machines were coming with that pigtail at one time. Ask if yours did. If not, it’s cheap. Most guys here solder and seal the connections with heat shrink, liquid electrical tape or both. Dealers generally do what’s quick, easy and gets them working on the next machine. All that being said, I just spliced into the hot wire for my accessory outlet. Same for my heated grips. I wanted those two to only be functional with the ignition on. All my other accessories are running through a fuse block straight from the battery.

·
Grizzled
2014 Yamaha Grizzly 700 EPS
3,662 Posts
Congrats on the purchase and welcome.

·
Premium Member
10,651 Posts
Welcome from Colorado.
X-2 on key on power source.
Also check the routing on all wires for loose loops that can snag on something or reach the exhaust. A few extra zip ties may be needed.

·
Just wanna ride!!
5,518 Posts
Welcome from Colorado.
X-2 on key on power source.
Also check the routing on all wires for loose loops that can snag on something or reach the exhaust. A few extra zip ties may be needed.
Yep. When the machine is brand new is a great time to use dielectric grease on all electrical plugs. It’s way easier when it’s new, clean and easy to get those plugs apart. Putting a wrench on all the nuts and bolts you can get to is a good idea also. I guarantee that the kid in the back of the dealership prepping new machines doesn’t care about your new Griz nearly as much as you do.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Welcome from a new member across the lake from you. Sounds like it is a going to a real nice ride.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts