Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys , i just recently purchased my first grizzly its a 2007 700 . But im already having problems with it , on my first ride after about 20 min it started to spit and sputter and even stall . Next day i replaced the sparkplug , drained the gas and put new shell v power with an OZ of seafoam . Went out on it for about 45 min and seemed to run good so i thought i fixed the problem . Went out again today and about an hour in my ride it started doing it again , would spit and sputter (backfire) and stalled a couple on the way home . Any ideas what this could be ?

·
Premium Member
3,764 Posts
Welcome aboard!

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
I've seen a few times where a bad coil would act up after it gets hot. The heat from the motor makes things expand. A tiny break in an internal wire will pull farther apart as it expands making the spark get weaker and weaker. When it's cold it shrinks back to a place where the break doesn't cause much issue. I had this problem back many years ago on an 85 Honda Prelude . Not sure if the electrical systems on the 2007 grizzly could be prone to this..
Does the machine work well when cooled off again?

2016 Grizzly 700 le,
26 Bighorns on Stock wheels.
1 1/2" custom tip, EHS fuel controller.
1.5mm shim and Dalton Metallic Red secondary, 224 watt 12" LED bar.

·
Premium Member
3,102 Posts
Welcome 2 GC, does your reverse light flash when this happens? It could be a bad neutral switch...common on the early 700's.

·
Grizzled
2014 Yamaha Grizzly 700 EPS
3,662 Posts
Welcome to GC

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Welcome to GC from Maine. Hope you get the problem figured out, in general that is a very good machine.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It seems like it just does it when it was too , but when i have it on the back wheels as soon as all 4 are on the ground again its spits sputters and wants too stall but its good again after a couple seconds

·
Registered
867 Posts
Welcome from Missouri!

·
Premium Member
2,196 Posts
Welcome to GC from Tn

1 - 11 of 11 Posts