Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! I'm new here but not to Yamaha, 4x4 quads or efi big bore quads. Right now I have a 01 wolverine 350 that I've had for 11 years now, I'm planning on retiring her in a year or so and getting a grizzly 700. I also have an 06 YZ450f that I've made street legal and put 17" super moto wheels/ tires. I had a raptor 700r that was all done up but I traded it for the YZ450f 2 years ago since I was looking to make a change but since I have 2 kids now and it's harder to get out by myself so it's about time to upgrade the 350 to a 700.

·
Just wanna ride!!
5,516 Posts
Welcome to the forum! We're always happy to help with anything that comes up. Happy hunting for a new machine!!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I'll have to wait a little to get one since I want to put a WR trans in the YZ to make it a little better on the trails and street since the YZ gear ratios are a bit short.

·
Premium Member
2,645 Posts
Welcome from northern New Jersey. Post pics of that motard!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome from northern New Jersey. Post pics of that motard!
Thanks and I will once I hit the 10 posts requirement since it wouldn't let me post the wolverine or the YZ450 just yet.

·
Premium Member
3,095 Posts
Welcome to GC.

·
Premium Member
3,764 Posts
Welcome aboard!

·
Premium Member
10,155 Posts
Welcome from Colorado.
10 posts go fast in other threads.....

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
Welcome to GC from BC. Hope you have lots of room on that credit card, we are really good at helping you spend money

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Welcome to GC from BC. Hope you have lots of room on that credit card, we are really good at helping you spend money
Thanks and I'm gonna try to keep her semi stock. I don't need power cause that's what my YZ is for or I would just get an 1000cc machine to go fast. I'm trying to keep it user friendly cause of the family. The wish list would be Tires, Winch, Plow, wide fender flares, heated grips/ seat, Fox shocks to keep the 800lbs under control and maybe a set of led lights in the front and rear for extra light while plowing at night.

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
Welcome
Looking forward to pics of the 450

·
Premium Member
7,790 Posts
Hey..700Scott..Welcome to GC from Wisconsin.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
The Yz450f

With the bike being an 06 it was the 50th anniversary edition so it came yellow but I went to blue when I switched to a WR tank and WR side panels since they didn't have a WR panel in yellow that would work for the bike.

The wolverine

·
Premium Member
2,645 Posts
Is that the Hazelton area coal mines?

What year 700 are you looking to get? Another great mod to add to the list is the Rox risers and bars set up if it's pre '16. And, front wheel spacers if it's pre '14.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Is that the Hazelton area coal mines?

What year 700 are you looking to get? Another great mod to add to the list is the Rox risers and bars set up if it's pre '16. And, front wheel spacers if it's pre '14.
The non snow wolverine pic was from Trevorton a few years ago and the snow pic is old 61 in Centrialia. The bike pic in the pit was from the coaldale area up past scranton.

I'd be looking to get a 16 700. I was never a fan of the Rox risers on the raptors but guess with the power steering there isn't an option for a longer steering stem like I had before.

This is the 07 Raptor that I had and had about 7k into it, not counting the quad itself. No house payments and kids, it was much easier buying the add ons.

This was in Hazelton and is still one of my favorite pictures since I'm roosting up a huge ass bolder lol.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts