Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
5,621 Posts
Source Coil is a different part then the Pulse Coil. The Source Coil usually never fails. At least I have never seen one fail.
Pulse Coils on the other hand is a different matter. I have changed a few of them.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #22 (Edited)
I think I know what part the pulse coil is. I looked it up on ebay. The other 2 must be part of the stator assembly?
Edit: Following the manual I checked the source coil resistance. The black and brown wires gave me .324 on the 2000 ohms scale. The parameters are 428-523 at 68F. What does temp changes do to ohms?
Then the pick-up coil I checked and got zero.

Edit: I know you guys are tired of me. :icon_ cry: I just ordered a stator assembly off ebay. Should have it next week. I hope it works
Edit: It runs! Like a champ. Thanks to you guys that helped me. I learned alot here. Now, it occured to me yesterday, that I can fix my Kawasaki now. I have a 1974 MC1M 90cc dirt bike. I've done a restoration on it, but when I went to start it I got no spark. I was pissed and put it in the shed (about 18 months ago) but, I think I'll get it out and finish it. All I need to do is get it running and paint the tank. And the tank is ready for paint.

Attachments

21 - 22 of 22 Posts