Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

2501 - 2519 of 2519 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,688 Posts
Welcome from Colorado.
I suggest you start a new thread to keep your questions separate from other discussions.

·
Just wanna ride!!
5,532 Posts
Reactions: 02CoGrizz

·
Registered
1998 Grizzly 4x4 600, 2007 Grizzly 350 4x4 IRS
12 Posts
Hello all!
I have a '98 600 Grizzly.
Been having problems with it starting, running rough, back firing, stalling....
Rebuilt my oem carb...
Installed cheap Amazon carb, sent it back... reinstalled oem carb.
Adjusted air/fuel mixture
Changed the oil...
Checked the coil, ordered and waiting for the new coil atm...
The pickup coil checked out good...
Mind boggling!!
So, I'm here to further my knowledge on this fine utility bike if mine.
Lots of information on this forum, and so far I find it a great help!

·
Premium Member
11,688 Posts
Welcome from Colorado.
I suggest you start a new thread for your bike and the progress. Have you adjusted the valves?

Reactions: GriffinFlooring

·
Registered
301 Posts
check valve clearaning you checgestsug
Hello all!
I have a '98 600 Grizzly.
Been having problems with it starting, running rough, back firing, stalling....
Rebuilt my oem carb...
Installed cheap Amazon carb, sent it back... reinstalled oem carb.
Adjusted air/fuel mixture
Changed the oil...
Checked the coil, ordered and waiting for the new coil atm...
The pickup coil checked out good...
Mind boggling!!
So, I'm here to further my knowledge on this fine utility bike if mine.
Lots of information on this forum, and so far I find it a great help!
There was a reply suggesting you check your valve clearances. It's a great suggestion and I wish I'd thought of it. Backfiring is often a symptom of lean mixture. Check breather hose in the fuel tank hasn't been crushed as well as float level in carbie.

·
Registered
3 Posts
First time Grizzly owner from Arkansas. Picked up a 2002 Grizzly 660 special edition. Only has 746 miles and 300 hours. Picked it up for $2200. Also came with a winch that i havent installed yet. Does appear to need a good carb cleaning as it will idle with the choke on but as soon as you take the choke off it dies. So ill be tearing into that soon. But other than that it runs like a scalded dog.

·
Registered
09 Grizzly 700 SE; 08 Grizzly 700; 04 Grizzly 125; 95 Magnum 425; 99 KX250
9 Posts
New to the site. Glad to have found it and glad to be here. Loving my Grizzly rides!! Yamaha made one bad @ss machine with their 700!

2009 Grizzly 700 SE - 27" SunFs, 12" ITP SS Rims, Champion 2500 winch
2008 Grizzly 700 - 28" Wild Thangs, 12" ITP SS Rims, ATV Speaker, Alpena Rock Lights, WARN 2500 winch
2004 Grizzly 125. (Baby Grizz) - Bone Stock
1995 Polaris Magnum 425 - Bone Stock
1999 Kawasaki KX250 - Borred over 290, Renthal Bars, ProTaper Grips, Custom 3D paint

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just joined after acquiring an 07 grizzly 660. It was wrecked and the frame is bent. Someone tried to repair it replaced alot of parts and attempted to fix the frame but it pulls hard right. I decided I couldn't pass it up, getting it for next to nothing. I'm currently attempting a complete frame swap. So far in 2 evenings working on it, I have it down to just the engine, drive train, and cooling system still on a rolling chassis. Hunting for a frame. Found one 3 hours away but waiting to hear back from an atv parts recycling business close to my house to get back to me this week before I drive the 3 hours. Need a few other parts too. But so far its going well. Excited to get this beast back to life.

·
Registered
2016 SE
8 Posts
Hello Everyone, New to the forum but I've owned Grizzly's for a few years now. Had a 2007 i bought new until it went missing one evening, replaced it with a new 2016. Love these machines. Was looking at a few mods and come across the site. Lots of good info so I had to join! Thanks in advance for the help!

·
Registered
3 Posts
New to the forum and motor sports altogether. Bought a 2020 grizzly last summer and it’s fair to say I’m hooked on riding and researching products, mods and anything that has to do with atv’s. I’m from B.C. Canada and at the moment I’m trying to pick some new tires. Leaning towards htr’s but I’m open to any recommendations. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
11,688 Posts
Hello all,
I ride a 2009 Grizzly 700 EPS. I'm from NC and this is my 1st Grizzly and I love it! View attachment 99698 View attachment 99699
Welcome from Colorado. we need more mud riders with cameras :)
New to the forum and motor sports altogether. Bought a 2020 grizzly last summer and it’s fair to say I’m hooked on riding and researching products, mods and anything that has to do with atv’s. I’m from B.C. Canada and at the moment I’m trying to pick some new tires. Leaning towards htr’s but I’m open to any recommendations. Thanks.
Welcome from Colorado.
What are you wanting to change about your Griz?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Welcome from Colorado. we need more mud riders with cameras :)

Welcome from Colorado.
What are you wanting to change about your Griz?
I’ve already added the Yamaha front brush guard, LED light bar, powermadd sentinel hanguards and I just bought 14” KMC HD rims so now I’m looking for new tires. I’m most likely going to 27’s, leaning towards kenda htr’s in 27x9.5x14’s on all 4, so if I notice any power loss I’ll be looking to do some clutch work.

·
Premium Member
11,688 Posts
Pulley work will get you more gains.

Reactions: PittGrizz86

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi all, new guy from the the maritimes here. Ive got a 2011 SE I picked up a few years ago with less that 1000km when I got it. Ive been lurking around this forum for about a year now and decided to join. Lots of good info and seems like lots of friendly helpful members. Our riding is mostly tight rocky trails, and deep snow when we can get it!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello!

New member from Costa Rica, recently bought a used 2009 350 Grizzly - loving it so far! Needs some maintenance work but I hope to learn along the way.

2501 - 2519 of 2519 Posts