Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

New SE Grizzly in Spring 2021

7K views 19 replies 13 participants last post by  Happy4_34 
#1 ·
Sold my beautiful 2016 Grizzly yesterday and I will greatly miss it, but you only live once and I like to try everything out there. Took about fifteen minutes from the time it was posted on Kijiji to being sold. Had about 20 people lined up to buy her. New owner is coming Friday for pick up.

Vehicle Off-roading Motor vehicle Leaf State park

Now I will be buying a 2021 next April. I will be getting the SE. I like both colour choices (Tactical Black or the Metalic Green) so no issue there. I would prefer tp get the non SE model cause I don't like the square tire set-up but I hate the colour choices for the EPS only models. (Blue - Off-Grey - Camo)

Land vehicle All-terrain vehicle Vehicle Motor vehicle Car
All-terrain vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire Tire Off-roading

A small possibility is a 2021 King Quad.

Land vehicle All-terrain vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle

What's your guys thoughts? Which would you get?

See less See more
#2 ·
Get the tallest one for water crossing :)
You can't have green with the base model that has power steering? Is that something new/changed for 2021?
Which is more important to you, color or tires?
Green is faster :)

#3 ·
Both are great bikes and are reliable, but the Griz just seems to fit better and ride and steer abit better, the King 750 does seem to have more power though, the new updated chassis on the King is a plus, both great looking bikes, my nephew has a new King 500 AXI same color and model as in the picture, he really likes it alot, but for me personally the Griz hands down.

Reactions: 17A
#4 ·
Don't forget that the reported lack of inventory going on right now, you may run into an issue getting the specific Grizzly you want. Even here in Colorado, I know of someone who wanted to buy an SE, it came in and he was told that was the last SE the dealer was going to get of 2021 models. Reports like that all over the place for all brands. I would suspect dealers in Canada won't be any different. Best of luck getting the bike you are after!

#5 ·
Wow! The broken supply chains in ALL industries are definitely going to make for an interesting 2021. I work in the bicycle and outdoor industry (sales rep) and I KNOW that we're going to be in a huge bicycle inventory shortage again for 2021. The parts to build them just are not available and have long lead times - some are over 250 days. Some models of 2021 product have been sold out since August and there isn't enough production capacity to meet demand either. Without product to sell, businesses will have a hard time making it through this whole ordeal.

With that being said @17A - you should find a new ride ASAP or you'll be paying new price for a used quad to get back on the trails next year.

#15 ·
I stopped at our local dealer for some parts. Caught up on stuff...He had one Kodi and 4 snowmobiles on the floor. No Grizzlies or UTV's. He said that Yamaha is allocating the machines and that his enter allotment of ATV's and UTV's for next year is sold. His UTV allotment was over 80 machines. He is a one of only a few exclusive Yamaha dealers in the state.

I told him that I feel that with the next year or so there will be many first timers that realize all that mud and dirt and dust is not their cup of tea. There could be a flood of slightly use rigs for sale.
As I own an ATV friendly campground. I said the same thing will be happening with 1st time rv/campers. He thought about it for a moment then said his parents sold there home bought a Class A that only lasted one year.

Weird times....My first Griz was used... I'm thinking my next one may be used.

Reactions: RedRocket
#16 ·
Sold my beautiful 2016 Grizzly yesterday and I will greatly miss it, but you only live once and I like to try everything out there. Took about fifteen minutes from the time it was posted on Kijiji to being sold. Had about 20 people lined up to buy her. New owner is coming Friday for pick up.

View attachment 98920

Now I will be buying a 2021 next April. I will be getting the SE. I like both colour choices (Tactical Black or the Metalic Green) so no issue there. I would prefer tp get the non SE model cause I don't like the square tire set-up but I hate the colour choices for the EPS only models. (Blue - Off-Grey - Camo)

View attachment 98921 View attachment 98922

View attachment 98923

I love my 2021 Grizzly SE in Coperhead orange metallic. I was not sure about the square tire set either but I have found that it works well and I will keep it that way.
Tire Wheel Rim Tread Auto part

#20 ·
I picked up the covert green the zilla tires are great very impressed with how well they do on all surfaces only negative the tires is in reverse the pictures don’t do the colours justice on the web I thought the green was the worst i ordered black but when I saw them In Person I switched to covert green

#17 ·

View attachment 98920

View attachment 98921 View attachment 98922

View attachment 98923

I just got A se covert green had a black on order but when saw in person the green looked really good you won’t be disappointed

#18 ·
I think its worth holding out for the color you want. I don't like to compromise on something that I live with for a long time. If I didn't have camo it would eat away at me when I look at it, and I look at it a lot. Its my favorite toy

#19 ·
Where I live (Nova Scotia) the dealers seem to be getting grizzlies in stock now and some are even carrying them in inventory for a couple weeks so far. I bought my covert green se via deposit and order (dealer had it on order) the black is nice and shiny but I really liked the green and black in the matte finish and I think it’ll hold up better over time.

my local dealer still hasn’t gotten a single 2021 Yamaha atv/utv. If you don’t buy into Yamaha’s program on ordering/numbers, you go to the bottom of the list I was told.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.