Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thank you for excepting me into grizzly central! I'm from Syracuse ny and recently bought a 2000 grizzly 600 with 900 miles on the clock. The bike had been sitting under a cover outside for a couple years so I need to go through the bike and make sure I can get her to be reliable. First off I know it will need a new battery(that's a giving ). Second a found that the header pipe had rusted through and had a hole so I started to remove the old one and snapped of 2 of the studs holding the pipe to the head...I removed the head and tried to use a easy out and snapped that off as well so then I had had to drill out the bolt and easy out and retap the threads... now I have studs back and will reinstall the head once the gasket kit comes in the mail.. I'm hoping I can find a header and get the battery installed and fire her up. Maybe go through the Carb if need be. We will see. From What I can tell I'm going to like this atv and end up Modding it to my liking. Once again thank you for excepting me and I look forward to the help and good guidance along the way.

·
Premium Member
3,102 Posts
Welcome to GC.

·
Registered
5,542 Posts
Welcome aboard. You are on the right track with you 600. I had a 1998 model and really loved it.

·
Premium Member
2,645 Posts
Welcome to GC from New Jersey!

While you're waiting for the parts, you should change the front diff and rear final drive oil, engine oil and air filter (Uni or TwinAir are two popular brands of air filter). Probably a good idea to drain and flush the gas tank too.

If there's ethanol in your gas, while you're in the carb you might want to get a kit with parts that won't corrode from ethanol. Most dealers have it, or you nay be able to find it online.

If it's all stock, some first mods/accessories you'll want to check out are:
-tires, which make a big difference - especially in all the snow you'll get up there in 'Cuse.
-skid plates - to help you glide over all that snow
-heated grips &thumb

·
Premium Member
10,639 Posts
Welcome from Colorado.

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
Welcome to GC from BC

1 - 8 of 8 Posts