1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
9,245 Posts
I'm curious what the roll-out of your new tire is to compare to the stock tires.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm curious what the roll-out of your new tire is to compare to the stock tires.
I will let you know, should be able to get some miles on them this upcoming weekend.

·
Premium Member
9,245 Posts
This will help others that go to taller tires from stock, did your '16' have the 25" dunflops or 25" maxis tires? The dunflops were 23.5" actual tall and the maxis very close to 25" actual. Knowing the percentage of gain in tire circumference will help understand how much gain in pulley ratio is needed to get the stock feel back.
The c.v.t. is very sensitive to small changes, so small changes in tire size can make noticeable performance differences that can be easily addressed.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had the Maxxis tires, which I thought looked tiny compared to the Grim Reapers. I'm trying to figure out what PSI I should be running however I need to log some miles first so I can start adjusting that. However I did grab a measurement tonight and they are about 27-1/8" at it sits. My Maxxis's we about 24-5/16.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts