Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I finally finished building this trailer to pull behind my Grizzly. I wanted to use the same wheels and tires so I would have spares if needed when out in the wilds. (click pictures to enlarge)

20150926_184500.jpg

I designed it to have more ground clearance than the Grizz to ensure I could get it over everything. I also wanted it to have springs to reduce the bouncing my old trailer had.

20150926_184440.jpg

I made it slightly narrower than the Grizz to ensure it can get between anything the Grizz can. I also angled the front and back slightly inward so it wont catch on tree's after I go through and begin to turn. The tongue is removable and it can balance on it's back end for storage.

20150926_184242.jpg

I had it powder coated matte black to match the color and sheen of the matte black Grizz and then I coated the floor with bedliner to give it grip. I have tie off loops hidden under the frame to give it more flexibility to tie off varying loads.

20151025_153916.jpg

As a final note I have a set of removable sides to fully enclose the box. They are about 5" taller than the rails to give me more capacity and they can be installed in less than a minute with no tools.

I'm very pleased with how it turned out. I will be putting it to the test when I head out for a camp trip in two weeks.

·
Premium Member
3,764 Posts
That's awesome! :icon_ goofy:

Reactions: BaldEagle

·
Premium Member
1,693 Posts
Nice build there. Keep us posted how it works for you on the trails.

·
Premium Member
10,155 Posts
How much are you selling it for?

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
I would buy that trailer ... way more thought put into not then the barging shop trailers. Job well done sir

·
Just wanna ride!!
5,516 Posts
I'll take one. Dunno what I'd do with it but it's awesome! Good job.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Thanks Hammerhead. I will follow up. Most likely just firewood this time but I hope for some grand adventures with it in the future.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys. Selling it wasn't the plan but if it tests out the way I hope I could consider producing more if there is enough interest for a small run. It wasn't cheap but since I've built it I have had some thoughts on reducing the cost. Check back with me after I see how it handles the trails.

C

·
0 Posts
He made it, not selling it whores!

Very nice fabrication job, consider making a few of them!

·
Grizzled
3,559 Posts
Wow, looks like a professional build. Nice job!

What are your intended uses for it? Suspecting pulling out a kill?

·
Premium Member
7,790 Posts
Hey BaldEagle..what did you use for the spindles?

·
Registered
396 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
That is totally bad ass, Bald Eagle.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Very nice!!

·
Registered
325 Posts
Very nice. I think I might have gone with a pintle hitch, but that is based on the terrain I ride.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Wow, looks like a professional build. Nice job!

What are your intended uses for it? Suspecting pulling out a kill?
I am not a hunter but it would be perfect for that I'm sure. I love to camp through the winter and I will haul my gear if we decide to go remote or if not we use them to gather firewood. I use them at home too to when I am working on landscaping in the yard.

Thanks for the nice words.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hey BaldEagle..what did you use for the spindles?

I had the axel custom made for the width I wanted at Croft Trailer. It came with stock spindles and hubs rated at 1500lbs. I had the studs pressed out, rotated it 45 degrees and had new holes drilled and new studs pressed in that match the Grizzly lugs so I have extra lugs if needed as well.

Thanks

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
That is totally bad ass, Bald Eagle.
Thanks, and your right, everything has a price. This is the third one I have made. The first two were pulled by Warriors. I actually still have one of them and my old Warrior that I need to sell. But custom isn't cheap and I probably went overboard on this one but I figured I wanted to do it once and do it right. If I make more I can reduce some costs but I will figure that out after I test it.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts