Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just seen the new yamaha video of a new YXZ with no clutch pedal ... seams this is what will be released on June 8th

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Registered
200 Posts
Looks like damage control to me. Anytime I have seen one of these out trail riding it ends up being loaded up due to clutch problems. Every person Ive talked to said its a losing battle. They do great at the dunes but the stop and go trail riding and mudding is hard on the clutch.

Reactions: POHLHAMMER

·
Registered
3,203 Posts
sucks. the rhino is still the only sxs option even remotely usable in my area.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Dual Clutch?

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Maybe they are ditching the manual trans and offering the sidewinder motor. The wildcats are supposed to get the sidewinder motor this year. I don't see why Yamaha won't offer it either.

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No info on if it's a cvt or an auto but either way it wasn't what I was hoping for lol

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
The video shows the gauges and it has a gear indicator. So my guess would be some sort of dual clutch transmission?

Reactions: TRev

·
Premium Member
2,645 Posts

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Looks like damage control to me. Anytime I have seen one of these out trail riding it ends up being loaded up due to clutch problems. Every person Ive talked to said its a losing battle. They do great at the dunes but the stop and go trail riding and mudding is hard on the clutch.

Makes sense

·
Premium Member
2,645 Posts
I don't have a YXZ, or even know anyone who does, but my sister's friend's cousin saw one on the trails last week.

Really though, I am curious about how many YXZs you've seen out on the trails and being loaded onto trailers? Do the people you have spoken with own a YXZ, a RZR or a Maverick? Anyone who bought a YXZ to go mudding should just have sent their money to me - it's not a mudding machine, and is not supposed to be a mudding machine.

Reactions: acusports

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Reclus still needs a clutch pedal

·
Registered
5,621 Posts
Thanks for posting that TRev. Got me interested. This will be the 5th new SxS in 5 years that Yamaha promised 5 years ago. Glad to see them do what they said they would do.

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
If you listen in the video you can here it is automatic and shifting so I say they dumped the cvt concept and went with an electronically controlled clutch and transmission like they have in a motorcycle. .. big cc FJR I belive .. correct me if I am wrong

·
Registered
760 Posts
Man I wish this would work where I live. Would love to have one to go along with my grizz's.....

·
Registered
905 Posts
The big question, as it relates to trail riding, is does this one have a low range? At least the teasers are a lot closer to the release date this time.

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
I for one have driven a YXZ and worked on one (replacing clutch lol) 1st gear is not tall it is not super low though. It is plenty fine to trail riding. it is the clutch that has the issue. Difference lies between the clutch design .. like comparing how you drive your jeep clutch or your ferrari clutch. . Yamaha had labeled it a pure sport machine. It is fully designed for road or dune or track purpose not trails .. if you remove the clutch I do feel 1st gear would be suitable .. I do not think it would be for mud and 33 inch tires .. it all depends on how yamaha made this transmission. Is it an automatic shifting manual or an automatic .. we shall wait to see

Reactions: Mccdan and BDSNJ

·
Premium Member
2,645 Posts
Reactions: okbear and it400

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Or is it another high performance SxS?!

1 - 20 of 59 Posts