Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

41 - 59 of 59 Posts

·
Premium Member
791 Posts

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
Really digging the White 2017 Grizzly. I should have waited.
I really like the white too. Also like the matte silver SE. And the dark blue kodiak se.

Also looks like blue and white get the aluminum wheels, while green and camo keep the steel.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
And why does the Viking 6 still have the 686cc motor?

·
Registered
3,203 Posts
my guess would be that it is a very proven motor which has been used in a lot of machines. the viking is more of a farm impliment vs a toy. most of the users dont care if it has the extra 22cc as much as they care about them all having the same motors with everything interchangeable.

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #47 (Edited)
Because they have not actually built a viking since 2015 .. they are still selling old stock of the 3 and the 6 so the motor change won't be seen as I have heard word it will leave the lineup

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Because they have not actually built a viking since 2015 .. they are still selling old stock of the 3 and the 6 so the motor change won't be seen as I have heard word it will leave the lineup
Heard the same thing. Viking sales have been very poor. I won't be surprised if that model gets the ax in a year or two.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Looks like Yamaha jacked up the prices on everything.....14,800 for a wolverine r spec se.....Thats wishful thinking

Base Kodiak now up to 6999.....from 6499 Geez.....

·
Registered
726 Posts
You know, not that I am an engineer or anything. But with the shifting, why don't they do slap shifting? You place the unit in gear like any other UTV and if you want the exileration of shifting, you just slap the "prindle" and it shifts?

One of my cars has this and if I ever get a wild hair and want to manually shift I just use it, if not, the vehicle shifts on its own.

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
You know, not that I am an engineer or anything. But with the shifting, why don't they do slap shifting? You place the unit in gear like any other UTV and if you want the exileration of shifting, you just slap the "prindle" and it shifts?

One of my cars has this and if I ever get a wild hair and want to manually shift I just use it, if not, the vehicle shifts on its own.
In quick look you thibk this would be great. But there is a huge difference between an manually controlled automatic and an automatically controlled manual. What your thinking is an manually controlled automatic and it is and would be a large heavy unit with a torque converter and a bunch of valving and electronics where as a automatic manual is a computer the that controls a shifter and clutch activator which is small compact and light. There is way more to this but that is a basic ... they also have a manual shift cvt like in audi cars but again very large unit in comparison

·
Registered
3,203 Posts
they also have a manual shift cvt like in audi cars but again very large unit in comparison
ok... i know what im googling next.

Reactions: rwreuter

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Reactions: vmaxman

·
Registered
3,021 Posts
Same as the original YXZ

·
Premium Member
4,961 Posts
Yep. That's what we're hearing.

The new Sport Shift system is supposed to make it a lot more forgiving on the trails and in the tight stuff.

Time will tell.

·
Registered
265 Posts
ok... i know what im googling next.
My honda accord has this. Its the only way to get the car to accelerate in a decent amount of time. Slam on the gas in drive and it barely moves but if you put it in "standard" it will get going.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

41 - 59 of 59 Posts