Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I was just going to order a set of Pitbull's and I dont see them on there website. Did they discontinued them?? So now which brand is everyone using??

·
Premium Member
7,730 Posts
I bought a new set last fall from Discount tire
Check for rebates.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I wondered if they were being phased out, most places that sell them has had huge discounts on remaking stock.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Royal Distributing stopped selling them to.... :cry:
  • I baught the last two 26x9" R12 B.G2.5 they had at a clearance price....

·
Registered
253 Posts
Lol, I was looking at the 26x9r12s at the tent sale in Sudbury.. Good price and tax free.... But they only had 3.... The guy they told me they weren't gonna stick them anymore because they sit on the shelf too long, most people are too cheap to buy good tires.
Then shortly after, I started seeing them on clearance everywhere

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have not found any rebates or super deals yet but there is still some out there. I know the guys who have/had them really liked them and I like the looks of the tread pattern a lot for my riding area. I will keep shopping to see if I can find a deal. Does anyone know if Discount tire is still a supporting vendor here??

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
We don't like them.....We LOVE them!!!!!!!'

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I did some more searching and have a question for you guys. I can get 4 growlers XOR Ubers for $60 more than the standard XOR's. But the sizes are different and I want to mount them on my stock aluminium wheels. The standard XOR's I was looking at are (25.5X8X12) & (25.5X10 X12). The Ubers are (26.5X9X12) & (26.5X11X12). I really don't need the extra height as I pretty much stay on trail but I can live with it but its the width mounted on my stock aluminum wheels I am not sure of?? What do you guys think??

·
Premium Member
7,730 Posts
We don't like them.....We LOVE them!!!!!!!'
Agreed. I run the XOR Ubers they have been the best tire I've every own. We ride 5-6000 miles each season in every type of terrain from blast rock to mud . They wear like iron. Have exception traction on loose rock, shelf rock, slippery rock. Not as good as a dedicated mud tire but pretty damn good.
I can think of a tire to switch to. Might have to invest in my next set. Wonder what the shelf life is?

Usually you can compensate for rim width tire width and with air pressure. A wide tire on a narrow rim will be taller than on a wide rim with similar PSI. OEM rims are 6.0" on the front and 7.5" on the rear with 8" and 10" tires. Yamaha recommends .7 psi difference front to rear. The difference in psi may cause the tire to be close to the same height on the unloaded machine.
Considering the Growlers are very heavy 8 ply they will run with as little as 1-2 psi.

It does appear that Pitbull is abandoning ATV tires leaning toward UTV tires. They are pushing bigger tires with more of a road or rock climber tread. Since UTV'er love road riding some tires are DOT approved.

Discount is not sponsor. They have a discount if you use their credit card.

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
I did some more searching and have a question for you guys. I can get 4 growlers XOR Ubers for $60 more than the standard XOR's. But the sizes are different and I want to mount them on my stock aluminium wheels. The standard XOR's I was looking at are (25.5X8X12) & (25.5X10 X12). The Ubers are (26.5X9X12) & (26.5X11X12). I really don't need the extra height as I pretty much stay on trail but I can live with it but its the width mounted on my stock aluminum wheels I am not sure of?? What do you guys think??
Why wouldn't it work? My 26x9 and 26x11" Growlers are mounted on my stock aluminum wheels....

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the info. Being I can get the ubers for $60 more it sounds like I should. As for shelf life?? Most car tires get sidewall cracks/rot from being out in the sun as the UV rays kill the tires. If you have a place out of the UV rays that stays cool and dry I would think they will last a very long time. I have a set of 4 trailer tires that were in my pole barn for the last 7-8 years and put them on my 5th wheel last year and never had a problem. I dont tow my 5th wheel at 75-80 MPH like some do. Typically 60-65 MPH is Max when towing it my 5th wheel.

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Well in light of these amazing tires being discontinued, I ordered Last two 25.5x10 r12 that Royal Distributing had at 35% off.

They ll work perfect with my more warn set of 26x9 as fronts

So my current stable of Growlers will be four 26x9, two 25.5 x10, and two 26x11s. That should keep me rolling on Growlers for a LONG time!

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Well I was just going to order a set of Pitbull's and I dont see them on there website. Did they discontinued them?? So now which brand is everyone using??
Checking out PitBull's website under atv / utv tires. Only one style of 30" tires available....Guess they are discontinued ..... So sad...

·
Premium Member
7,730 Posts
Sent them an email this morning.

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
I did some more searching and have a question for you guys. I can get 4 growlers XOR Ubers for $60 more than the standard XOR's. But the sizes are different and I want to mount them on my stock aluminium wheels. The standard XOR's I was looking at are (25.5X8X12) & (25.5X10 X12). The Ubers are (26.5X9X12) & (26.5X11X12).
Did you pull the trigger?

Here's some additional information if required

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
No I have not pulled the trigger yet. I am still looking around just to see if I can find a better deal. Good info on the tires. reogem let us know what they say.

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
I checked out Amazon and EBay for fun. PitBull Growlers 25.5 x10 R12 Are fetching a heafty price .Happy I pulled the trigger when I did ...

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I checked out Amazon and EBay for fun. PitBull Growlers 25.5 x10 R12 Are fetching a heafty price .Happy I pulled the trigger when I did ...
I have not found any great deals yet. I am hoping to find a set for a good price. But I will pay the extra if needed before they run out.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
reogem, Did you here back from Pitbull tires??

·
Premium Member
7,730 Posts
Not yet.

1 - 20 of 96 Posts