Registered
235 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Bummer, I love my Pitbull XOR Rockers... Heavy, but an absolute beast of a tire.
That's the reason I started hording a few extra sets, while they are still available at resonable prices.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Who says hording isn't fun! 25.5 x10" Growlers arrived. Man they look sooo Evil!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,531 Posts
@Vincent ...Nice! I should order another set for my Queens Kodi. Her are at 60%±
I run the 26.5x9 and 11s on hers also.

·
Premium Member
7,531 Posts
Discount has plenty in stock but no promotions now. 600 buck shipped

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
@Vincent ...Nice! I should order another set for my Queens Kodi. Her are at 60%±
I run the 26.5x9 and 11s on hers also.
Ya I know you and your Queen run the bigger US made sizes. If discount have plenty of stock, I agree, no need to rush. Certainly worth waiting 6+ months and scoring some discounted tires.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Ugh... I priced mine out... $916 for the set.

That could be a lot of toilet paper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's what my imported Growlers went for here in Canada.

Check out the BG 2.5 26x9 r12 and and 26x11r12 Growlers for fun. Yes they are made in China, but they cost 200+ $ less and they are awesome in handling and durability . Racked up almost 3000 miles on mine so fare and their only 20-25% worn

·
Registered
201 Posts
That's the reason I started hording a few extra sets, while they are still available at resonable prices.
How you plan on running them writing about 3 years. The oils in the rubber seep out and evaporate over time causing dry rot. Used to see it in our tire warehouse on old stock, 5 or 6 years old, on the shelf inside, still have a sticker on the tire.. Dry rot cracks all over.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,611 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
The date of manufacture is on the sidewall of the tire, in approximately 6 years, most of the oil will have left the tire, leaving the rubber very dry age beginning to rot. Rubber itself is organic and will rot, the petroleum products used to process it will degrade and seep out. Washing the rubber does help but on the other hand applying tire dressing in most cases damages the tire. I say most cases, because most are silicone based which speeds up breakdown.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
The date of manufacture is on the sidewall of the tire, in approximately 6 years, most of the oil will have left the tire, leaving the rubber very dry age beginning to rot. Rubber itself is organic and will rot, the petroleum products used to process it will degrade and seep out. Washing the rubber does help but on the other hand applying tire dressing in most cases damages the tire. I say most cases, because most are silicone based which speeds up breakdown.

Is this your personal experience with Growlers , or are you just "generalizing" information you about atv tires?

·
Registered
201 Posts
A little of both, I was in the tire industry for over 12 years, a grunt out back installing all the way up to managing 2 different stores. First hand experience with old stock of automotive, atv, lawn & garden tires. Inner tubes were even worse.
We were also taught this at training seminars put on by the tire manufacturers. Proper care, storage, and stock rotation.

·
Registered
201 Posts
You will find some will last for years, but they are breaking down and pose a higher failure rate due to age

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
A little of both, I was in the tire industry for over 12 years, a grunt out back installing all the way up to managing 2 different stores. First hand experience with old stock of automotive, atv, lawn & garden tires. Inner tubes were even worse.
We were also taught this at training seminars put on by the tire manufacturers. Proper care, storage, and stock rotation.

Ok fare enough. Hope I didn't buy garbage.... Thanks for the heads up

·
Registered
201 Posts
Growlers are far from garbage, but if they are going to be a spare set that you won't be running for a while, give them a good wash, scrub them with soap & water and a stiff bristle brush. Wrap each one in a black garbage bag, store them out of the elements especially sunlight.
Also after washing them a good coat of a non silicone wax will really help preserve them. A simple wax is actually plain lemon pledge furniture wax.

21 - 40 of 75 Posts