Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, i have my machine on a lift in the shop, the other day my son spun the r/f wheel with his hand and the diff seems to make a noise like a roulette wheel, only maybe softer. Tried the other side and rears and they all seem quiet. If i hold into the front driveshaft while R/F is spinning i can feel it too. Is this normal? can somebody else try this and get back too me? Have 15hrs of easy riding and a little plowing so far, running 26" HTR's. Will see if i can get a video up. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
It's perfectly normal. Spinning the right wheel will spin the spider gears in the front differential because it's still mechanicaly connected to the rear differential and rear wheels via center drive shaft. The left wheel will free spin without any sound because it's completely disconnect from the rest of the system till you engage your 4wd.

Many other concerned new owners have asked that same question.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ahh, thanks for the quick reply Vincent! Figured it was probably the way it was supposed to be, glad to be verified!

·
Registered
2017 Grizzly 700
144 Posts
Ahh, thanks for the quick reply Vincent! Figured it was probably the way it was supposed to be, glad to be verified!

Yep! Perfectly normal. I had the same question few weeks ago and as usual the fellow forum members were superhelpful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Binbrook310
1 - 4 of 4 Posts