Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I havent even recieved the new ViperMax winch I ordered and paid for almost 2 weeks ago and I,m not happy already ......
HOPE THERE WARRANTY if I have a problem is BETTER than the Shipping Deptartment ..
They NEVER shipped a winch I ordered on 4/3/12 .
No one even new it wasnt shipped until I called to see why it was taking so long to recieve it .
Order a new Vipermax 3000 with the green synthetic rope and a mounting plate for my 2011 Grizzly 700.
I have very limited time off and wanted it for tommorow so I could instal it for riding on Sunday .
Well guess thats not happening ..
Sorry just not happy ,, venting,,,,,

·
CRASH STUNT MEMBER
8,094 Posts
Hey thats alright brother vent a way, it is unacceptable for them to take your money and do nothing.
It's not the way to do business period.
Make sure they understand you are not happy and this is not even close to good customer service.
Every company has it's moments but if they want the business then they better start running with the ball.:rocker:
Hope it shows up SOON!

·
Premium Member
1,423 Posts
Who is it ordered from,so other people don't have the same issue?

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
sounds like someone owes you "same day air"!

·
Registered
416 Posts
Mistakes do happen from time to time....but outstanding companies recognize their mistakes and understand customer inconvenience. The good companies take steps to satisfy their customer by fixing the problem, even if it costs them a bit of money eg. expedited delivery, a discount or something similar. Financially it shouldn't be that big a deal for a good company to do these things and their action's go a long way in establishing customer trust.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well after calling the Owner of the ATV buisness ( who realy was understanding and tried to help ) , It was ordered by him and shipped directly ( well suppose to have been shipped ) by Moto Alliance .
Some how after they ( Moto Alliance )recieved the order it was never shipped ?
I got a call from the Sales manager herself and I explained I wasnt very happy and the senario of costumer satisfaction , etc.
She explain she had check on next day delivery but it was over $100 so she new the boss would not go for it ,Well she did take it to UPS herself today to get it out for me . They dont ship on fridays but seeing they messed up she did it .
She was very apologetic even though it didnt help out my delema .
She said she would make sure I got a $20.00 credit and gave me an extra rope guard ..
She said any problems at all to call her .
I just cant figure out why no one even new it never went out ?
I just felt like telling them to take it back and I,d order from Warn or ?
Well I figured there enough negative things going on in the World to be mad over this , So I just left it at that ...

·
Registered
260 Posts
Well 70mach you have every right to be upset and sounds like they are trying to resolve your dilema as best they can.So I guess you are right to leave it at that for now.At the end of the day it is not stopping you from going out for a ride and unwinding.

·
Premium Member
202 Posts
That $20.00 should really help, might be enough for a fast food meal! Lord, after a massive delay and screwup like that you would think they would try a LITTLE harder to make it up to you. lol

·
Premium Member
969 Posts
wow I'm sorry for your wait man...I ordered vipermax 4000# with grizzly mount in the middle of March and had it at my house in 3 business days I was shocked how fast it came. I got help from [email protected]... I asked a question on a Friday night about the coupon code directly off of the contact us link on their main site and she preceded to help me out on a Saturday to get my order in.... A person doesn't get that type of service anymore thats for sure... I was more than pleased. I would say try to get some help from Kristy she was great. Again I'm sorry for your troubles. Good luck with your MAX.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Now winch trouble

Not trying to sound like a complainer , but If you pay for quality I would expect quality wouldnt you think ?
Recieved the new ViperMax 3,000 winch and mounting plate the fallowing week .
I installed everything per instructions double checking everything .
While installing the hand switch I realized I was missing most hardwear to attatch it to the handle bar .(there were a few parts and harwear just laying in the box ?).
I finished installing the winch and was told to rewind the synthetic rope with some tention because it was put on only by hand ?
While engaing the winch to rewind the rope I had to stop a few times to get a better grip on the rope while it was winding up . Well more than once after stopping the winch it would not do a thing unless I dis engaged it first .
I tried both the hand switch and the remote switch and both did the same .
Called and e-mailed for the parts and to tell them abought the problem .
I was sent a new handle bar switch and a new contactor .
After waiting again I recieved the parts and hook everything up again .
Well same deal , winch worked at times and not at times .
E-mailed them again was told by another person to pull the motor off and see if theere were any burnt coils .,

Luckly I,m mechanicaly enclined or I have a fortune in labor ).
At this point I,m VERY Frustrated ..
Wouldnt you think they would offer a replacement and ASAP or and Upgrade for all my trouble ?
So being calm I agreed to check it out .
(The company did tell me if the motor looked ok I could pay to reship the winch back and they could look at it on the bench . ) Arrghhh ...
Then he says as long as it looks new I could return it after filling out a warranty card and paying shipping get a new winch out . So here goes a couple more weeks ..
I ended up pulling the motor off and it looked as though it could possibly have a bad coil ?
I e-mailed them and told them to send a new motor as they said they would and he said why dont I send it back .
Are you kidding me .. Make up my mind here .
This is crazy .
First off the 2011 Grizzly 700 is still brand new I havent even ridden it with or without the winch. on it between work and workiing on the winch ..
I just put 4 new wheels/tires, winch and Axles gards on and spent $1100.00 doing it ..
I,m very fussy with anything I do includig neatness in wiring and mounting .
Sorrry to vent what a pain in the ass this has become .
Guess these guys just dont get it .
Well not my buisness ever again once my warranty is done .
Guess It should be called Viper Repair winch ....

·
Registered
217 Posts
Your original post on this swayed me to my WARN XT30. Their service may be no better who knows. Seems like all companies have kids working for them these days because that is who usually answers the phones or someone in another country. I do know that when I had questions about the WARN winch I wasn't on hold for long and they answered my questions. I'd be mad as well and feel free to vent I would.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The reason I ordered a Viper

I was just getting ready to order one cause I have heard nothing but praise on the viper winches.
Thats the reason I ordered a Viper Max .
Word of mouth is great .
I definatly would have thought they would of handled these issues more buisness like . My 2cents..........

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
sorry to hear about your ordeal. My buddy bought one and has been very happy with it. I am happy with it as it saved me once!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts