Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2016 Grizzly with 27" Growler BG 2.5 and STI bead locks. See my post below for more info and initial thoughts...

Attachments

·
Grizzled
2014 Yamaha Grizzly 700 EPS
3,662 Posts
I really like the aggressive tread patterns on those Pitbulls.

·
Just wanna ride!!
5,518 Posts
Nice!!

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Yup, that seals the deal! I REALLY like the look of those wheels and tires. I have been leaning toward the STI Beadlock wheels, and 27" tires. Those Growlers look good, and I am looking hard at 27" Sedona Ripsaw's as well, similar to my eye. Anyway, you're excellent photo's give me a great reference for how that will all fit on my Grizz. Thanks!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I got stuck today!!!! LOL
Went in a mud hole deeper than I thought with a very steep squared climb out. Really started to panic when it died on me with the exhaust under water. Happened a couple times but was able to restart right away. No water in oil or air box so I hope Im OK.
To be honest I would have had to hit it like mad and then I may have other issues like a vertical jump. I dont even know if some of those southern boys with the 2" highlifter and 30" silverbacks etc would have made it.

All the other mud and deeper river sand (dry) wasnt an issue.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yup, that seals the deal! I REALLY like the look of those wheels and tires. I have been leaning toward the STI Beadlock wheels, and 27" tires. Those Growlers look good, and I am looking hard at 27" Sedona Ripsaw's as well, similar to my eye. Anyway, you're excellent photo's give me a great reference for how that will all fit on my Grizz. Thanks!
Thanks. I love the look too. The plus side of it is that the wheels are very reasonably priced even more so that they are bead locks.

·
Premium Member
3,764 Posts
Lookin' gooooood!

·
Registered
253 Posts
2016 Grizzly with 27" Growler BG 2.5 and STI bead locks. See my post below for more info and initial thoughts...
Dang those are BIG! Great pictures! Thanks!

What widths did you get? Also, how do you like them now that you've had them for a while?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think they are 9" and 12" widths.

They are doing well. Do OK in mud. Rocks, gravel, hardpack etc they grip like crazy. Much harder to slide the rear out. DO OK in snow too.

Reactions: Pjniez
1 - 11 of 11 Posts