Yamaha Grizzly ATV Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been all over the web on this, this site's forums, and can't answer this question: Will these fit onto a stock 2001 Grizzly ?

ABA-3B473-00-00 OEM rear rack

ABA-3B413-00-00 OEM front rack

I have a link to pictures in a Yamaha brochure for later models - I can't post it yet, my post count isn't high enough.

MOST sites say they're for later model ATVs, a few seem to indicate the sizing is standard and has been for 20 years and they'll fit everything.

Anyone? Buehler?

Thanks in advance.

Norm

·
Registered
5,546 Posts
Can someone with a 2007-2015 Grizzly 700 take a measurement of the width of the racks are? And the width and height of center riser of the rear rack?

Those measurements will help answer the question to this thread.
NormB can compare those measurements to the size of his racks. If they are the same, these rack extenders will work.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Thanks, Dezz.
NormB, Are those the part numbers you are asking about? Looks nice and may be a great addition to my 98' as well. :smile2: Sorry the pic didn't show up. Posted a pic in the next post.

·
Registered
99 Posts
REAR.jpg

Found this. Need to verify the distance between the two forward mounting tabs is 39".

Reactions: NormB

·
Registered
37 Posts
The rear rack on my 2007 700 measurements are:

The width is 38.5" outside to outside (about 37.5" center to center of the tubing)
The depth is about 12.75" not counting the half loops on the ends.
The rear riser is 9.75" wide at it's base and about 2" high.

The front rack measurements are:

The width is 32" outside to outside (about 31" center to center of the tubing)
The depth is about 12" not counting the half loops at the ends.

Attachments

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Still can't post links, even in quoted posts.

Yep, those are the numbers I keep coming up with. Like I said, several sites show them fitting the 2001 and earlier, others say no, 2014 and on.

My REAR rack measures JUST under 39 inches side to side (OUTside), front just about 35" (I think, been a long day, I was looking at the metric side, and it's about 90cm, so that's about right, 35.4").

Thanks.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I added some very crudely edited images to help describe where I got my measurements from. Random pics off the internet of the appropriate racks for my 2007 700.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I added some very crudely edited images to help describe where I got my measurements from. Random pics off the internet of the appropriate racks for my 2007 700.

Nice work. My rear rack is 38.5”, front is 35-3/4.

I think the rear rack from later models should fit mine.

Thanks again.

Norm

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
37 Posts
Nice work. My rear rack is 38.5”, front is 35-3/4.

I think the rear rack from later models should fit mine.

Thanks again.

Norm

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Not a problem at all. Post pics of it installed if you get it. I've considered one of the wrap around risers to help guard my rear box from damage if I back into something.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Not a problem at all. Post pics of it installed if you get it. I've considered one of the wrap around risers to help guard my rear box from damage if I back into something.

Okay, stock riser for later model(s) fits the 2001 within a few mm of close enough that a few whacks with a rubber mallet and/or a c-clamp compressing the pipes a bit should make it part of the rack no problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
800 Posts
How high are those extensions from the rack? I am going to make my own and if you would share some measurements I would really appreciate it.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
How high are those extensions from the rack? I am going to make my own and if you would share some measurements I would really appreciate it.

Took some doing. I used a 4” Wilton bench vise to squeeze the tubing together, then a hammer and punch underneath to make room for the spacers. Got it all back together and took my dog for a walk. Even did some work on my HMMWV. Very nice day outside here. Here’s some pictures showing height, fitment. Newer racks must be of significantly smaller tubing.

I just roughed up the powder coating and rust and hit it with some rustoleum .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I’m STILL looking for the rack extension/riser for this model.

Anyone have one for theirs - and can give me numbers/measurements, a part number?

Thanks.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts