Registered
760 Posts
Reactions: mainehunter

·
Just wanna ride!!
5,533 Posts
what's the opinion of the ITP Mudlites?

John
Welcome to GC. It depends on what you are using them for. If it's target practice, they're great! lol. Mudlites are often referred to as Pluglites. I've heard they work great in the snow if you run them backwards, though. lol. Now, the Mudlite XTR's are solid tires. They do reasonably well in the mud and also handle hard pack well. What type of riding are you looking to do? If it's mainly trail with some trail mud, there are tires out there that will do exactly want you need them to do and handle great. If it's mud, there's the same options out there. Unfortunately, a dedicated trail tire won't do well in deep mud and vise versa.

Start ya up an intro thread in the new members section. Tell us a little about yourself.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Welcome to GC. It depends on what you are using them for. If it's target practice, they're great! lol. Mudlites are often referred to as Pluglites. I've heard they work great in the snow if you run them backwards, though. lol. Now, the Mudlite XTR's are solid tires. They do reasonably well in the mud and also handle hard pack well. What type of riding are you looking to do? If it's mainly trail with some trail mud, there are tires out there that will do exactly want you need them to do and handle great. If it's mud, there's the same options out there. Unfortunately, a dedicated trail tire won't do well in deep mud and vise versa.

Start ya up an intro thread in the new members section. Tell us a little about yourself.
When the time comes I've been thinking about replacing my stock tires with 26 inch mudlite xtr's. I've heard they're a good tire, jut don't know anyone that has first hand experience with them. I've had great luck with bighorns, but would just like to try a different tire for comparison sake.

·
Just wanna ride!!
5,533 Posts
When the time comes I've been thinking about replacing my stock tires with 26 inch mudlite xtr's. I've heard they're a good tire, jut don't know anyone that has first hand experience with them. I've had great luck with bighorns, but would just like to try a different tire for comparison sake.
My wife had them on her old Rincon. She doesn't miss a mud hole. lol. They also rode well on hard pack in her and my opinion. They will throw some rocks. I took more than a few to my knuckles and chest while riding behind her.

·
Premium Member
3,146 Posts
I had 27" mudlite XTR's and I do have a lot of plugs in them, Pa. trails can be very rocky and I'm taking small sharp rocks. I NEVER had a flat on the trail with them , I would get the small tiny slice in the tread that would lose a lb. in two weeks or so and that would drive me nuts so I would search and plug. They were a great traction tire and I liked them in the snow, just got tired of the little holes. I don't know if the NEW xtr's are better or not. I also had them on my wife's griz...same problem with small holes, but she would find a way to hit an object that 99.9% of riders would miss...ex. a bollard that was cemented in the ground and the ground eroded away...she would scrap the side of it...what next, I'm plugging her tire in the hotel parking lot. LOL

Reactions: okbear

·
Registered
4 Posts
Type of riding

We use the Grizzly basically on our farm, so farm trails, a lot of cow mud, creek crossings, timber roads, to and from our hunting areas. Had Mudlites XTR's on my old AC 650 V2 and never had any trouble with the tires ... problem was keeping the AC running. Getting ready to replace the factory tires on the Grizzly and looking for input on what some think would be the best selection.

Thank,

John

·
Registered
2,549 Posts
I baught my bike used with 26" XTRs on it. They already had 5000kms 30% worn. Now I have over 7000kms @ 40% worn and they are holding up well. My area has alot of rocks and they have been good to me to date. My tires have no plugs in them either.

At this time I'm thinking of a new set of XTRs and rims for next year.

·
Premium Member
309 Posts
What is the max fire size you can run on a 700 without a lift
I want to say anything more than 27" and you'll start having rubbing problems (likely the rear footwell). However, you'll more likely have trans/diff/axle problems etc. So, >27" you'll be looking at a bunch of mods, not just a lift and tires. Maybe someone else can chime in regarding fitment.

·
Just wanna ride!!
5,533 Posts
What is the max fire size you can run on a 700 without a lift
I want to say anything more than 27" and you'll start having rubbing problems (likely the rear footwell). However, you'll more likely have trans/diff/axle problems etc. So, >27" you'll be looking at a bunch of mods, not just a lift and tires. Maybe someone else can chime in regarding fitment.
This has been brought up many times and and I can’t for the life of me remember what’s the largest true tire size you can run. I had 27” (true height) tires on my 10 with plenty of room to spare. I think you can go larger if you desire. Once somebody gives you a definite number, be sure to check the true size before buying. Some run larger and some run smaller than the stated size. The year of your machine will be helpful to other members trying to answer your questions.

·
Registered
1,433 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
i bought my grizzly with this wheel and tires setup with 200 or so mikes on the machine. i know it has lost some bottom end but i can still wheelie in low and in high with a lot of effort. if i continue to ride it without clutch work should i have any problems?

·
Premium Member
8,539 Posts
Should be a problem unless you get into being a mudder.

·
Registered
4 Posts
i mostly trail ride. take one trip a year up to oklahoma and ride some real rocky stuff. not much for mudding unless it on the trail. i'm gonna switch to 26" ITP BajaCross sometime this year when i get some time. i've heard they're pretty tough.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Since I fixed a some pics in a thread recently, someone requested if this thread could get the pics fixed in it. I will from time to time work my way through and fix the pics and then a mod/admin can attach the pics back in the original posts.

·
Premium Member
1,693 Posts
Keep Thrashing, ha. Watch out or you'll get signed up for a position of "responsibility" vs just a good guy doing things the paid staff doesn't have time to do, ha. Our moderators aren't paid so no bad to them since they do the good guy stuff on their own time. Any more tires Thrashing? You might be posting tires that no longer are in production, ha....Where can I buy that tire they discontinued in 2010? I would like to get my hands on some old ITP C4 series wheels, anyone, hahahahaha.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Just tried to fix a bunch of pics and not showing up....maybe photobucket finally noticed what was going on and put a patch on it?

461 - 480 of 520 Posts