Registered
3,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
If someone knows how to repost the video outside of Facebook you should

·
Premium Member
9,288 Posts
It worked.
That video has more coverage of the grizz without a rider than with.
Grizzlys the world over have the ability to amaze.
I don't understand his language but I know exactly what he said.
A post ride interview would have been Great!

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Glad that it worked, feel sorry for the poor guy but he sure ran really quick after that thing

·
Site Founder
4,960 Posts
Glad that it worked, feel sorry for the poor guy but he sure ran really quick after that thing
I agree. Looks like he wasn't taught right and hit the rear brake when he should have only grabbed the front. Maybe that and leaning over the front could have held him there until somebody could have got to him to help hold that front end down. Then the other guy could have got the winch hooked up or they could have slowly backed it down the hill together with only front brake. Ride smart.

Poor guy...and Grizz too. Did you see it run away? It wanted nothing to do with it's owner anymore.

·
Premium Member
5,663 Posts
Poor guy...and Grizz too. Did you see it run away? It wanted nothing to do with it's owner anymore.

That's funny. :icon_ laughup:

·
Registered
856 Posts
that was friggin awesome! That machine was like "Later!".

When I heard the car alarms, I thought the Grizz drove itself to the parking lot to find the owners tow vehicle...and do a little "retaliation" on it.

·
Premium Member
968 Posts
All NEW riders need to watch this video.

·
"Respect my authoratah"
3,358 Posts
Too funny. Surprised the cameraman was able to keep filming and not lose it from laughing so hard.

At least the guy knew to clear away when the quad was going over.

·
Premium Member
9,288 Posts
As nobody got hurt, that video is just as funny in the morning as it is in the afternoon.
X-2 with JCat, just because there are tracks from another rider doesn't make the hill doable for the next.
He needed a different gear, or higher ratio, or both along with a longer run at the bottom of the hill.

Until now I never considered parking around the corner at the trail head, but that's on the list now.
I've been around barn soured horses and bird dogs that didn't want to hunt, but a grizzly that pitches the rider and hauls ass back to camp is a first.

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Makes you think a rip cord kill switch may not be a bad idea lol

·
Registered
5,157 Posts
Makes you think a rip cord kill switch may not be a bad idea lol
Damn right. They have been used on almost all snow machines made since forever.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I agree. Looks like he wasn't taught right and hit the rear brake when he should have only grabbed the front. Maybe that and leaning over the front could have held him there until somebody could have got to him to help hold that front end down. Then the other guy could have got the winch hooked up or they could have slowly backed it down the hill together with only front brake. Ride smart.

This fall I made the same mistake and hit the rear brake and went over backwards once and cost about $1000 to fix.

·
Premium Member
2,645 Posts
Hilarious... It gets funnier every time.

·
Site Founder
4,960 Posts
Hilarious... It gets funnier every time.
Yeah it does. We're bad! Especially with all the comments, even my wife almost fell on the floor laughing with Ridgway's

but a grizzly that pitches the rider and hauls ass back to camp is a first.
PRICELESS BUDDY! :happy:

·
Premium Member
9,288 Posts
I bet the guy that got pitched can tell us the price, after he finds the owner of whatever got hit in the parking lot.

Can you imagine setting around camp, enjoying a few adult beverages with some friends, and from up the mountain you hear a grizzly bearing down on you?
Then, just before it gets to the edge of the light, someone hollers 'LOOK OUT', before diving to the ground.
That would be bad enough, but THEN from up the trail, running into the cloud of dust there comes a guy hollering 'WHICH WAY DID IT GO'? followed closely by a camera crew laughing their ass off.

No wonder people are superstitious.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts